Proper way to Flow Control O2 in Transfill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InWay2Deep

Contributor
Reaction score
Currently I'm trans-filling 2L and AL40 O2 bottles from a H bottle and then topping up with a booster. What is the 'correct' way to slowly fill the 2L? Right now I'm using the valve on the 2L bottle to slow down the initial fill, H bottle wide open, slowly crack the 2L and wait to equalize then open fully and turn on the booster. Should I use something else in-line to slow the flow? I don't want to blow up.

Thanks!

Needle valve in the transfill whip is typical.

You can throttle with the valve from the O2 cylinder or using a needle valve to control flow. Do not use the valve on the scuba cylinder. Scuba cylinder valves are not really oxygen compatible and if there is any contaminant in the whip that could cause adiabatic heating the teflon in the disc can burn and ruin your day.

You can throttle with the valve from the O2 cylinder or using a needle valve to control flow. Do not use the valve on the scuba cylinder. Scuba cylinder valves are not really oxygen compatible and if there is any contaminant in the whip that could cause adiabatic heating the teflon in the disc can burn and ruin your day.

Yea, that could be an option, the o2 tank is a little far away for me to really dial in the flow rate, but good to know that's an OK option until I get something better in place. Thanks

Did you read the fine print?
Features: Working pressures up to 600 psig (41.3 bar); Temperatures up to 300°F (148°C); Straight and angle patterns; Vee stem standard;

What is the pressure in your H cylinder?

Did you read the fine print?
Features: Working pressures up to 600 psig (41.3 bar); Temperatures up to 300°F (148°C); Straight and angle patterns; Vee stem standard;

What is the pressure in your H cylinder?

doh, no I did not. When full H is ~2400 psi. Any recommendations on Needle Valves?

Orifice, bought the equipment from an old dive shop and the owner gave ma an orifice. It works good.

Well last week during the transfilling thread I made a video of moving o2 from a higher pressure E
to a lower pressure G through a booster then pushing the pressure in the G higher for ten minutes
or so, I think two cylinders of drive gas and timed it but I don't know where I put it in my computer

But the drive gas got cold and the booster stayed cool but the out line was warm, E got cold G cool

Not a needle valve in sight

010.JPG

Just nimble fingers

006.JPG

And lots of adaptors

And a rubbish taping job

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Back
Top Bottom