Project: Ryan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another Official Project:Ryan Update!!

This one is short and sweet. I just wanted to let you guys know that I got Ryan's favorite band to jot down a little something for his book!! Hes going to be SO excited with that... and with everything that you guys have done. It really warms my heart to work on this book... you are all amazing people!! :D Thanks again!

Ryan Update:

I just talked to Ryan online, and his grandma died yesterday. Hes doing ok with it-- they gave him the option to go home, but he has chosen to stay and be with his "guys." His grandma had surgery last week, and didnt come out of it well, so while it wasn't sudden, it wasn't entirely expected. If you wouldnt mind sending thoughts and prayers his direction, I know he could really use them-- he was getting all geared up to go out on a big mission while I was talking to him, and he promised me that he would go into it with a clear head, but I cant help but worrying anyway. Thanks, guys. :)

oh geez kayla.... and he could have come home but chose to stay where he was......

i dont think during all of this i have said thank you (to you) for doing this for Ryan..... you are such a kind & caring person :hugs:

thankyou kayla!

each day i think about the guys & gals serving... today i will hold a special one for ryan's family

:hugs: Thanks Mrs A.... Ive been trying to do what I can for my boys, but it just doesnt ever seem like enough, compared to what they are doing... I appreciate you keeping him in your thoughts!! :D

Official Project:Ryan Photos!!

Ok guys and gals, I figured that it was about time I shared these, seeing how you guys have been so helpful.. These are the newest pictures I have from Ryan (he sent them to me last night..) He would kill me if he knew I was posting pictures of him with the safety glasses, he doesnt love them, to say the least! :wink:

ryanbomedhouse.jpg

ryanandkids2.jpg

ryanandkids.jpg

ryan.jpg

:clapping: nice!!!

i look at the uniform and the gloves and wonder if its cold over there??? i always imagine it as HOT!

without getting political i look at those kids and i hope that they see the man just trying to do his bit to make it better and not just the uniform

if you speak to him - let him know im wishing him a fast deployment so he gets home soon

:clapping: nice!!!

i look at the uniform and the gloves and wonder if its cold over there??? i always imagine it as HOT!

without getting political i look at those kids and i hope that they see the man just trying to do his bit to make it better and not just the uniform

if you speak to him - let him know im wishing him a fast deployment so he gets home soon

Im talking to him on Yahoo phone right now, so I'll do just that. Its pretty warm there still-- but there is certain gear that they are required to wear when on patrols- including heavy uniform and shooting gloves. He said its been getting down into the 50's at night- which, to him now, is cold. :D

Just wanted to thank everyone that helped with this. The book turned out so wonderfully, it surpassed any and all expectations that I had for it. You guys are amazing, I cant thank you enough. :hugs:

The book is on its way to Iraq. (He knows that its going to be late...) I'll let you know what he thinks when he gets it!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom