Project: Ryan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Good evening everyone! This may seem silly to some of you, but I have taken on a new project, and I can't wait to get it all together!!

A VERY good friend of mine, Ryan Johnson, is currently deployed to Iraq. Hes been there just over a month now, and with all those months still ahead of him, sometimes I can feel his frustration from being so far away from home. I've been brainstorming about what I can do for him and his guys there.. and here's what I came up with.

I have these little notecards, and I'm hoping to get as many people as possible to jot down a quick note for them, with words of encouragement, etc, etc... and then I'm going to scrapbook them and mail them to him. Each person that replys will get their own page with their note, and a picture of themselves, their family, (of course, a picture is NOT required!) whatever they would like to include with it. Would you rather that your kids draw a picture to put in the book? I would love to have that too!!!! :) I'm hoping to have this done in time for Christmas, and I need your help to help me fill up my book!!

If your interested, please send me a message back (my e-mail is KaylaSMaskell@gmail.com) and I can e-mail you the paper, or mail it to you and then you would just mail it back to me! I promise that I will try to get a picture of the guys with their book when they get it! If there is anyone else that you can think of that would like to help me out with this, PLEASE forward this on! The more the merrier, and if I have to convert it into two or even three books... I would not be happier!!

Thanks in advance, I am truly lucky to have people like you in my life! Send me a PM with any questions, or for the document I created. I'll send you my address for mailing, and you'll be all set.

((HUGS)) to all of you!!
Kayla

((And JOHN!!! Since you guys are talkiing now, keep your mouth shut!! This is a surprise!!!! :D :D )

Ok, let me clarify. I just got a message, and I'm sorry if the original post is confusing. Sometimes, my fingers work faster then my brain.

All I really need anyone to do is jot down a little note with words of encouragement and send it to me. I'll take care of the rest of it.. NO, Im not asking you to scrapbook your own page. :rofl3:

:laughing:

now that's better. let me put that in my sig too.

I am sending Letterboy some packages within the week from my daughters Brownie Troop, if you PM me his address, one will get to him :)

I am sending Letterboy some packages within the week from my daughters Brownie Troop, if you PM me his address, one will get to him :)

Perfect Sandy! Is there a way to make sure that he knows you knew me? Because he will be very confused if not.

Also, would the Brownie Troop want to do a page for the book?? That would be awesome!!! :D :D :D

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Thanks Kevin for helping, your awesome! :hugs:

Back
Top Bottom