Technical Diving Encyclopedia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harveywalker500

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

I was considering getting the Technical Diving Encyclopedia, for some bedtime reading/reference for the future. Would anyone recommend it? Are there any other books that are good that you guys would recommend?

Are you interested in it for its historical value, to see what people thought a quarter century ago? If so, then it should be a good read. Things have changed dramatically in that quarter of a century.

The Us Navy Dive manual covers everything you could want to know about diving.
Loads of tech info and other things you always wanted to know.

This is a great book something to grab and to hold it gives you options lets you make your own mind up

Uncomplicated

Unlike today where they take out your brain and have you lugging so much stuff you are sure to explode

Then there's this

I utilise lots of old knowledge, no matter how old, can't be a bad thing, can it, every day, and it gets older

If you can ever find a copy, I recommend "The Physics and Engineering of Diving" by R.S.Dickens. It was self published and Rory has been dead 10 plus years, but it is a wonderful physics text.

If you can ever find a copy, I recommend "The Physics and Engineering of Diving" by R.S.Dickens. It was self published and Rory has been dead 10 plus years, but it is a wonderful physics text.
That’s something I’ll look at, I’ve always wanted to try and implement my own Bühlmann algorithm…

Have you read Deco for Divers? I think that's usually among the top most recommended books. I believe Mark Powell also published another book on technical diving specifically?

Have you read Deco for Divers? I think that's usually among the top most recommended books. I believe Mark Powell also published another book on technical diving specifically?
I have considered it! It would be a book I got after this one, as I would like one that's focused on techniques and the like, but it's definetely one to cosider. Technical Diving: An Introduction is a good recommendation though!

Maybe I'm ignorant but what are you hoping to get out of a technical diving encyclopedia?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom