Project: Ryan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D Im not really in a fun seeking mood... but I will be at some point.

Alright guys and gals, heres the Project:Ryan update.

I talked to Ryan last night. One of the guys in his unit, that he was close to, was shot while he and Ryan were on duty together. Ryan pulled him out of the tower and field dressed it, and even with a big hole in his arm, they think the guy is going to be ok. Ryan was a bit shaken, but like he said "Its just another day in paradise." I hate that life is like that for him, but his blood is camoflauged, Im sure-- he loves every second of it.

I dont think that this book is going to come at a better time for him. He and the guys are already starting to get bummed about not being home for the holidays- it starts with Halloween, and they get this "Holiday Funk" until after New Years. I sent a bunch of letters over to them a couple of weeks ago, and they LOVED getting them. (Halloween Cards and such..) They are going to be so excited with something so personal.

Thank you, to all of you who said you would help me with this project. I have a couple already, and Im hoping to start working on getting the book together in the next couple of weeks, so if there are people out there that still want to help, its not too late!! Please, just let me know what I can do to help you get it done!!

Love and ((HUGS)) to all of you!! :)
Kayla

Kayla

if you think it would help, send me about 6 names and addresses and i will pop a postcard in from sunny sydney australia for each of them

:D

Mrs A!! You have really outdone yourself!! Your going to have a great looking page!!! Im soooo excited to do it!! Thanks so much for helping us!!! :D

I guess she must have sent you pictures of me . . . I told her not to :wink: :wink:

BTW ((HUGSS)) To you Missy!!!!

I guess she must have sent you pictures of me . . . I told her not to :wink: :wink:

BTW ((HUGSS)) To you Missy!!!!

John!! ((HUGS)) back!!!! I miss you!!!!! Hope your doing well!! Are you still talking to Ryan?? We figured out that we can talk thru Yahoo messenger... I talked to him on the phone last night for half an hour! It made my week!! (Of course, hearing from you is the icing on the cake!!) Miss ya buddy!

Thanks Mike (AKA Sharky1948) for stepping up to the plate to help!! I really REALLY appreciate it.... and all of you that have helped!!

Hey Ms. Kayla. . .I am not sure if I will be able to get with him prior to my R&R . . . but with a possible schedule change. . . who knows you and D may have pictures to share over New Years. . .

Hey Ms. Kayla. . .I am not sure if I will be able to get with him prior to my R&R . . . but with a possible schedule change. . . who knows you and D may have pictures to share over New Years. . .

That would be so cool! :) I know hes going out on patrols starting in a couple of days, and thats going to go thru the 1st of January at least. ((Im scared out of my mind... I prefer him to be inside the wire, thank you!!)) But I would love for you guys to get together, I think you would have fun! :)

((HUGS)) To you also. Hope everything is well with you! :D After you have worn Miss Darilyn out when you get home... send me a text or something and let me know your safely on the ground, yes?? :) Im so excited that your going to be home!! :D :D

Official Project:Ryan Update:

Gang!! Its snuck up on me! I just realized that I need to have this out in like... Three weeks! For those of you who have agreed to do something.... Is there any way that sometime in the next few days you could sit down and do it for me really quickly?? (All you have to do is email it to me. I'll print it. Its that simple!) I want him to have this in time for Christmas, and its been taking my packages WEEKS to get over there! I would owe you FOREVER! I need this soon, and you guys have been so awesome so far--- the ones I have are SOOO perfect!!

I love all of you! :) Thanks!! :D

Back
Top Bottom