Prohibited fin colors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only telling you what I saw. I have no idea what the policy is for busted fin return to Scubapro--I'm a patron, not a dealer, but these were definitely going into the garbage can. I suggest you call Scubapro and find out what their policy is. If you really want to call my LDS in Japan, feel free to PM me. Hope you speak Japanese. And yes, the orange ones were definitely Gorillas, so you've now heard of them failing.
We have had a few of these fins breaking. Scuba pro has us destroy them cut them up and send them a photo.no need to send back to them for replacement.

We have had a few of these fins breaking. Scuba pro has us destroy them cut them up and send them a photo.no need to send back to them for replacement.

There you have it. That must be why the ones I saw were all broken (maybe cut off?) through both sides just forward of the foot pocket.

cb5150:

Easy there, Doc. No need for a PM, just post the name of the shop and I'll handle the rest. Is the name of the shop a secret? I speak exactly three words of Japanese, but my sister-in-law is fluent. She lived in Okinawa for 13 years teaching English.

I just always find it curious when someone gets on these forums and bashes a particular brand of fin and then immediately gushes about jet fins.

If you don't want to substantiate your claim, well...that's your right. Just don't be suprised when you get asked questions about your allegations.

I have no problem with the Scubapro brand. The Jetfin is well established in their product line, and I use plenty of their other products. Heck, I don't even hate the Seawings--I gave them a fair trial, but for me, there are better fins. Also, whether you believe it or not, there is still a breakage problem. I'm simply being as objective as I can here. I'd be the first to extol the virtues of the Seawings if I thought they were superior to my older fins. Heck, I bought them, didn't I? Seeing Seawings in a trash can was a simple observation, and apparently reflects proper handling according to oly5050user. You seem to be overly sensitive when it comes to this specific product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom