Professional Equipment Service and Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mudturtle

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Professional scuba equipment repair and service now available through DTC Scubatechs. See capabilities and state of the art service technologies at
www.diverstrainingcenter.org.
24 hour turn around available and all work and parts guaranteed to be to factory specifications.
Questions answered, opinions offered, omens interpreted N/C.

Judging from your last post my gut tells me you guys do a good job. What brands are you dealers for?

Are you an authorized service provider for Scubapro and/or Aqua Lung? Does you service include free parts for eligible regulators?

Thanks

They do not sell gear at their training center. Instruction and service only. I wonder how they handle warranty work and free parts issues?

I don't think they can offer warranty work or free parts if they are not affiliated with any suppliers as a traditional dive shop, but i could be wrong. They do not carry equipment of any kind. Good question, Awap...

Some fillers may require a specific waiver stating that users of SCBA will not use it for scuba. Not really sure how they could use it for Scuba since the valve is no where close to being able to accomodate a regulator. We have a special waiver for those tanks that I keep on file for my regular paintballers, pest control techs, and scba fills.

If the regulator meets warranty requirements for the given manufacturer we will provide the same features the original warranty offers, including free parts. Service record must be up to date and copies made available to us.

mudturtle:
If the regulator meets warranty requirements for the given manufacturer we will provide the same features the original warranty offers, including free parts. Service record must be up to date and copies made available to us.

I understand you will provide free parts for eligible regulators. If I sent my Scubapro regulator to you for annual service, will your service satify the requirement for "Documented annual service and inspection by an authorized SCUBAPRO repair technician is mandatory to maintain this Guarantee"? The quote is from a Scubapro users guide. Will your service maintain my Scubapro warrenty?

Thank you

mudturtle:

So it's a personal store warranty, not a manufacturer's warranty. Right?

Based on the lack of a response, I have to assume that you can not directly provide service that satisfies mfgr requirement for "authorized dealer" service to maintain manufacturer warrenties. I hope you make that clear to your prospective customers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom