Problems??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I rebooted the servers again. it appears as though - due to the order that the servers restarted before, the image directory which is on the data server wasn't being found by the web servers. It appears to be in order now.

I rebooted the servers again. it appears as though - due to the order that the servers restarted before, the image directory which is on the data server wasn't being found by the web servers. It appears to be in order now.

Geez Howard, we get it we get it. :wink:

Are you really asking that question? the site is fine now.
Yep, really asking. I wondered if it was just me, but if not - figured you'd want to know. Glad others chimed in; looks much better now - TY.

You must remember to do sacrifices on schedule otherwise you risk angering the servers. :D

As long as we are not sacraficing virgins to the server gods :D.

Why are you rebooting the servers? As any good app/server admin knows, its always a network issue....usually a firewall.:D

I did get a screen shot showing an error connecting to the database....probably while rebooting. But if you need the exact error, let me know.

Cmon El, you can tell us, Pete cut the wrong wire didn't he?

TC:
Cmon El, you can tell us, Pete cut the wrong wire didn't he?

It is always the BLUE wire....the trouble comes when there are seven blue wires and you cut them all :doh:

As a clarification, we are in the middle of making a number of changes to our web and data base servers here on ScubaBoard. This was a simple case of being a bit over zealous with our securities on the back end of our servers. I finally found what we believe to be the culprit earlier this morning, and the server loads dropped dramatically when I tweaked two files to force communications. We are still in the midst of preparing for our major upgrade, so please be patient with us as we configure and re-configure for maximum through put.

So there is no confusion: we STILL need a new data server, and we are well on our way to buying one. We already have some new web servers that will come on line shortly after the new data server does. All of our servers will all be loaded with the very latest OS and software (including Photopost Don... I promise!!!) and we should be fast once more! I hope this helps!

As a clarification, we are in the middle of making a number of changes to our web and data base servers here on ScubaBoard. This was a simple case of being a bit over zealous with our securities on the back end of our servers. I finally found what we believe to be the culprit earlier this morning, and the server loads dropped dramatically when I tweaked two files to force communications. We are still in the midst of preparing for our major upgrade, so please be patient with us as we configure and re-configure for maximum through put.

So there is no confusion: we STILL need a new data server, and we are well on our way to buying one. We already have some new web servers that will come on line shortly after the new data server does. All of our servers will all be loaded with the very latest OS and software (including Photopost Don... I promise!!!) and we should be fast once more! I hope this helps!

Pete - Didn't you read back? Last night WE determined that the culprit was you so you're coming to us a little late with your assessment!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom