Problems with Mares Dragon AT system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeg1704

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought a new Mares Dragon MRS AT BCD for a Maldives diving excursion. To my horror, after a short test dive in our local pool to check out the equipment before we leave, I found after the dive that the BC was full of water. Having checked, as best I could, for any manufacturing faults, I noticed the circular transparent rubber seals on the AT outlet valves did not sit flush with the white bases on which they were mounted. This I assume was the reason for the water ingress into the BC. My wife also has a Mares Kaila MRS AT BCD purchased at the same time and had no problem on the test dive. On inspection of her AT seals I noticed that they sat flush on the base. I would be interested to know if anyone else has encountered a problem such as this?

---------- Post added January 18th, 2014 at 11:09 AM ----------

I can only assume this is an assembly fault...but something like this is so obvious how could it have passed quality control?

Yes. Mine also used to contain some water after a dive. However, this mostly occurred when using the "manual" dump.

Back
Top Bottom