Probably another Instructor Recommendation Request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I did several searches (and most likely due to bad search criteria), I was unable to locate much in the way of instructor recommendations. If there is a thread, please just drop it in and I will go look myself...

I am looking for a DIR instructor for the 2007 season. I know that classes have been held at Gilboa and Dutch Springs, so I am looking for instructors that regularly have classes at one of these two facilities. I know that none of my buddies are interested in the class (and I'm sure I'm going to catch hell but I don't care what they think), so I am going to need to get in on a class that is needing students. I don't believe I'd be able to arrange a group myself.

For now I'm going to read a lot more and work on my configuration further. If you have other suggestions, I'm all ears.

TIA

Daryl

By "DIR" class, I'm assuming you mean GUE's DIR-Fundamentals?

You may want to check out GUE's website and contact them/instructors to see if they are going to hold a class in your area sometime in '07. I believe that Bob Sherwood occasionally teaches at Dutch Springs.

http://www.gue.com/Training/Instructors/index.html

There are several GUE instructors that frequent this forum, MHK (Michael Kane) and BCS (Brandon Schwartz) to name a few. Hopefully one of them will chime in.

Mel

I took my training (DIRf) at Dutch through Bob Sherwood with Ed Hayes. Couldn't be more pleased with them. Either one will be great. You can contact Bob at sherwood@gue.com. He'll be able to answer any questions you may have.

Chris

Another vote for Bob Sherwood and/or Ed Hayes. Great instructors, even greater people.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom