Pristine Reefs of Southern Mindanao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be in the Philippines as of end of June for quite some time. I am really tempted to come over with my family (wife and 2 kids) to the Sarangani area for 1 week (either around 2nd week of July or the 1st week of August). Which diveshop/resort would you recommend given that there are 2 kids (8 and 10 years) who also like to snorkel ? Easy access to the sea with a good housereef for snorkeling would surely be a plus.

Thanks,

Kris

I will be in the Philippines as of end of June for quite some time. I am really tempted to come over with my family (wife and 2 kids) to the Sarangani area for 1 week (either around 2nd week of July or the 1st week of August). Which diveshop/resort would you recommend given that there are 2 kids (8 and 10 years) who also like to snorkel ? Easy access to the sea with a good housereef for snorkeling would surely be a plus.

Thanks,

Kris
i can only vouch for southpoint divers... paul's place (see above post for contact #)

very nice and comfy place, excellent diving too

at the bottom of the cliff (where you gear up) is fairly shallow - about 4 feet - and on the right tide would be safe for kids to swim and snorkel supervised :biggrin:

Jag

went diving with Carlos Munda (thanks, Carlos!) did 2 dives in Dayang at Talicud. didn't get to dive other sites because i had to do intro for my brother who lives in Davao City...trying to get him hooked to diving...

here's more pics from Davao...
Grabe! These are great pics! talk about art... wow!

Paul's resort is Southpoint. It is a 'million dollar' location on a cliff top overlooking Sarangani Bay. Bring a few diver friends there and organise food/rooms with Paul and you can be in paradise.

There are few places left like this IMO.

Hi Sugar, here is the Cell no of Paul. +639209149259.

Have a nice Day!

I'll be spending a lot of time in Gen San in June. Is it a good time to dive Sarangani? I'll be borrowing contact info here in case I can get a time off. Thanks!

I'll be spending a lot of time in Gen San in June. Is it a good time to dive Sarangani? I'll be borrowing contact info here in case I can get a time off. Thanks!

June is a good time to dive, but be aware that the weather is fairly constant year-round. We were diving there last June and had incredible weather and conditions.

Tinoto (Tampuan Point and Rock Beach) generally experience better viz in the mornings. The corals, fans and sealife here are pretty much as they should be - magnificent (as Chris Dearne would say!! (Chris runs Cambridge Dive)).

There are more Nap Wrasse here than anywhere we have seen so far in the PI's - a good indicator.

If you stay with Paul, get him to make a BBQ with marlin and tuna!! The location is wonderful.

Hi WWD,

Thanks for bringing this dive destination out in the open. The info you provided is exactly what I'm looking for in ScubaBoard- places beyond the beaten path, yet with services already in place.

After looking at your profile, I realized you have chosen to stay in the Philippines after all the other places you have been to. Personally, I am not surprised.

June is a good time to dive, but be aware that the weather is fairly constant year-round. We were diving there last June and had incredible weather and conditions.

Tinoto (Tampuan Point and Rock Beach) generally experience better viz in the mornings. The corals, fans and sealife here are pretty much as they should be - magnificent (as Chris Dearne would say!! (Chris runs Cambridge Dive)).

There are more Nap Wrasse here than anywhere we have seen so far in the PI's - a good indicator.

If you stay with Paul, get him to make a BBQ with marlin and tuna!! The location is wonderful.

Hi WWD! Thank you for the tip. I hope the stars will align in my favor (hehehe) coz I'm so darn excited already. Wuhooo! :banana: :grinbandit::fruit::luxhello::rocker:

Gi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom