Pristine Reefs of Southern Mindanao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not been down to the Gen San area for awhile but I worked in South Cotabato for 1 year in 2002 - 2003. I loved it there. I was invited to visit some farms again last week and I was surprised on the business boom in the area. Koronadal is twice as big. Gen San with 4 or so malls already. I really love these places especially South Cotobato. Its the southern charm you can't explain. Too bad I was not able to swing by Saranggani. Next time I go down south, I'm going to take a break and dedicate it to diving. Saranggani diving is starting to become a legend! All the more you want to go and see it for real!!!
i've dived in gensan a couple times w/ paul...

it's an amazing place - i absolutely love it - and can't wait till next i get flown there!

Jag

i'm in GenSan now. but can't go diving as i'm stuck with work. but i'll be in davao on saturday...to dive!

i'm in GenSan now. but can't go diving as i'm stuck with work. but i'll be in davao on saturday...to dive!
aww that sucks bro! ganda ng gensan!!!

i lost Paul's # together w/ my last phone or i would pass it to you so you can meet him, real nice guy - and the marlin steak in his resort is to die for...

Jag

aww that sucks bro! ganda ng gensan!!!

i lost Paul's # together w/ my last phone or i would pass it to you so you can meet him, real nice guy - and the marlin steak in his resort is to die for...

Jag

what resort is it? so i know where to go when i'm back here.

Paul's resort is Southpoint. It is a 'million dollar' location on a cliff top overlooking Sarangani Bay. Bring a few diver friends there and organise food/rooms with Paul and you can be in paradise.

There are few places left like this IMO.

i might actually plan to bring a group of divers there next time. please PM me any details like contact info, webiste, rates, dive package... :wink:

oo nga, hahaha! thanks Jag.

got these from my Mindanao trip:

Davao-Del-Sur.jpg

mantis.jpg

zebra-crab.jpg

went diving with Carlos Munda (thanks, Carlos!) did 2 dives in Dayang at Talicud. didn't get to dive other sites because i had to do intro for my brother who lives in Davao City...trying to get him hooked to diving...

here's more pics from Davao...

harlequin-bw.jpg

hermit.jpg

seahorse.jpg

snake-eel.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom