prism topaz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caveseeker7:
What a DIK! :lol: I was waiting for that.

Whenever someone asks about a specific BCD on the boards,
someone jumps in with a post about backplate and wings.
Anybody asks about a specific rebreather of any sort,
someone jumps in with a post about a KISS. :bluthinki

DIK - Doing it KISS :peace:

:joke: Stefan

Go back and read the original post. He specifically asked if anyone loved another unit he would like to hear about it.

BTW, A year and a half ago when I was first investigating CCRs, the same thing happened but it was always the Inspiration proponents. IMHO, nice to see the KISS getting more representation!

- Ozzy

No ill-will, Ozzy, just an amused observation.

It's pretty well known that I like the KISS rebreathers, as well as Gordon and Kim.
The SportKiss is on the short list of rigs I'd dive for more than an intro.
The other units are the SM1600, MK15.5 and MK-5P.
If you look at practical considerations (availability and maintainance) those three don't fare so well, which leaves pretty much the little Jetsam.

I find the system very appealing, the implementation in the SportKiss even more so, and think Gordon and Kim deserve the success they're having.

The Ouroboros and the Meg are worth a close look and a few more questions, and certainly an intro I believe.

And you are correct in regards to like posts from Inspiration proponents in the past (current too, really), although the comparison to the BCD and bp/w debate suits the Jetsams better.

It's the Inspiration after all that has itself firmly established as the standard (much like jackets for bouyancy control) while the KISS rebreathers, as the name says, are simple, uncluttered, easily adapted, etc. etc., much like bp/w.

Stefan

scubahubby:
And if it was a Inspiration specific thread it would be someone steping in saying "what about the prism"....
If I have to ask that they wouldn't understand the answer anyway. :linkz:

caveseeker7:
No ill-will, Ozzy, just an amused observation.

My replies are the same, amused observation! And if we rolled the clock back 18 months, I would be diving a prism now if I didnt have a fundamental issue (no small part arogance, I write software for a living and I didnt write the controll softgware, well ok lately I attend meetings for a living...) with electronically controlled CCRs which resulted in me being a (classic) KISS diver.

- Ozzy

Wow! 10 prisms! I've been seriously considering one myself. When did you order yours and do you know the current lead time for delivery?

Let us know how your classes go with Peter.

Hi Michi
Lead time has been 8 months on the 10 units, we fully expected this with the relocation of Steam Machines and DEMA all at once. And it was not an issue.

Expected Delivery is end of Feb, Training is the week after OZTek in Sydney.
http://www.diveoztek.com.au

I am not sure of wait times for units being ordered from now on in. I expect it will be coming down quickly as SMI clear the backorders of units from the old factory and during the move. Your best bet would be to contact SMI directly to find out.

I will of course be writing full reports on first impressions, training and further diving of the units.

Cheers
Chris

Well, for what it is worth, I usually get my sorb from SMI. Sharon, which I think is Sharon Readey, usually answers the phone....they never forget the order, it is always shipped when promised and Sharon is always very personable and fun to talk to over the phone.

If they support their Prism like they support divers needing sorb, you're in good hands.

RBDave, welcome to the forum.

Sharon is Shas is Sharon Readey, and from my experience they support rebreather customers as well as sorb customers. Including plenty of MK divers that bought their rigs elsewhere.

Good to see you back.

caveseeker7:
What a DIK! :lol: I was waiting for that.

Whenever someone asks about a specific BCD on the boards,
someone jumps in with a post about backplate and wings.
Anybody asks about a specific rebreather of any sort,
someone jumps in with a post about a KISS. :bluthinki

DIK - Doing it KISS :peace:

:joke: Stefan

Hi caveseeker7- Making a post like the one you made aimed at me shows that you seem to have a maturity problem and that you can't read.

The original post by Zaf88 asked for the opinions of other rebreather divers and about the unit that they might like.

I did not speak negative about any other unit or anyones opinion. All you are doing is degrading the value of what you have to say to other people by speaking like that. It would be nice to keep ScubaBoard a friendly place for all people to be able to communicate and share their ideas and experiences without being slammed by someone like you. You seem to post alot of good information to the board and are very active. Why don't you bring the maturity that you seem to have in diving and use it in a nice way. Please respect this site and the people that use it.

And yes, I like my KISS Classic it is also a great unit and I feel the way I do about it just like the passion that you seem to have for the equipment that you are using. There is nothing wrong with that. A wise man chooses his words carefully.

Sincerely,

Curt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom