Prism Article

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) Java is too slow for real time multi threaded apps as is DHTML
2) I'm a VB programmer at heart (but do Java, C/C++, Delphi etc for work)
3) Mac's are not real computers according to the majority of home computer owners :cool:
4) Those who are silly enough to choose Linux, unix or Mac OS's also have easy access to Windows emulators so that they can run most of the software out there :cool:
5) Not too hard to convert VB code to run on CE handhelds

Bit like RB's. I have a tricked out Inspiration like the masses. Some folks choose Prism, MEG etc. But if I was going to make RB parts I'd make them for the Inspiration as the potential market is hundreds of times bigger

If proof of being a real computer is having to reload corrupted software, reloading the main OS software, running virus scanning software, getting worm viruses constantly, constantly sending out viruses, hardhanging a program requiring one to reboot the entire os, well, you're right, I don't have a real computer then.....

:wink:

madmole:
1) Java is too slow for real time multi threaded apps as is DHTML
Virtual PC doesn't exactly speed things up, either.
madmole:
2) I'm a VB programmer at heart (but do Java, C/C++, Delphi etc for work)
The way you talk about the Mac VB must be Virtual Ba$tard ... :rude:
madmole:
3) Mac's are not real computers according to the majority of home computer owners :cool:
Those would be the ones that call tech support because their computer doesn't start up? While unplugged! :bonk:
madmole:
4) Those who are silly enough to choose Linux, unix or Mac OS's also have easy access to Windows emulators so that they can run most of the software out there :cool:
That's kinda like "Those who are silly enough to choose a rebreather also have easy access to OC Bailout so they can run OC most of the time they are out there." Missing the point. We're using those OSes because they work better for us/our needs. :D
madmole:
Bit like RB's. I have a tricked out Inspiration like the masses. Some folks choose Prism, MEG etc. But if I was going to make RB parts I'd make them for the Inspiration as the potential market is hundreds of times bigger
Bigger, yes. Better, I doubt. Better marketing, certainly.
Like Mac vs. Windows/DOS, Betamax vs. VHS, etc. ...

Stefan,

We will cover all bases and in our constant search for perfection and a happy customer we will be catering to all types of rebreather divers regardless of their sometimes questionable choice of life support :mfight:

deepbluetech:
... in our constant search for perfection ...
You realize that in your constant search for perfection you found ... ME !
Does that worry you a lot?
When you lie awake at night, C(la)rice, can you still hear it,
the screaming of the buzzer? :evil3:
deepbluetech:
... questionable choice of life support :mfight:
:rude:

That's always the danger of joining boards and talking to strange people (some stranger than others :wink:) are we talking about the buzzer on the Inspiration, do you forget I've reached perfection with my KISS :eek:verlord:

we're talking about that buzzer. I know you went on to the smooch, hence my question if you can still hear it when you lie awake at night. :D

By the way I'm not strange just ... thinking differently.
Although there are those who look at me and say that a twisted mind is a beautiful thing to waste.

By the way I'm not strange just ... thinking differently.
Although there are those who look at me and say that a twisted mind is a beautiful thing to waste.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you've heard that more than once :dropmouth so how are you doing did Santa get you any closer to stealth diving?

caveseeker7:
The current issue of the UK magazine DIVER has an article about the Prism Topaz in it.
I thought John Bantin's excellent article was a pretty ringing endorsement of the unit, and it's great that Steam Machines aim to get it CE-certified.

I thought it was very interesting that John managed to get the scrubber unit upside-down. If he can, it probably means more users can out in the real world. The suggestion that "top" is written on the top of the unit seems a very good one.

fins wake:
I thought it was very interesting that John managed to get the scrubber unit upside-down. If he can, it probably means more users can out in the real world. The suggestion that "top" is written on the top of the unit seems a very good one.
Actually I found that rather surprising. When you fill the basket it's actually upside down when compared to the final postion in the bucket. The lid goes on the bottom side and is solid. The topside has a rather large hole in the middle where the exhaled gas enters the bucket from the head. If he missed that hole he would have likely missed anything written onto the the basket, too. It's a pretty simple procedure if you think along ... .

I agree it's a good thing that Steam Machines is going for certification. It'll offer a good alternative to APD's units, and should do well. If you ever get a chance give it a try. Great lil' rig, breathes so well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom