printer suggestions????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Epson 1280, and it is super. I really like the borderless prints. The quality is great and it will print up to 13". I just printed a photo at 13 X 19 -- and it looks great. It was an arrow crab photo taken with Oly C5050.

I've been an Oly dealer for years - and for a long time I drooled over the P400. I insisted that there was no stink-jet printer that could rival a dye sub. Jet printers for photos... please.

I bought the P400 - they dumped them recently and the prices right now are unreal.

Brought it home, hooked it up, and realized that my wife is a 1st grade teacher. And this printer will only print photos. So before I installed the film, I bought an HP7550. Last January Office Depot had it for like $274.99 with a $50 rebate and a $50 gift card...or something crazy like that.

Woah.

This printer, with the nice matt paper for portraits and the gloss for fine prints just rocks. It takes pre-cut 4 X 6 paper (PMAI - Photo Marketing Assn states something like 86 - 90+% of all prints are 4 X 6) as well as 8.5 X 11 sheets. I print a lot of photos, and probably print one or two 8.5 X 11 to every 25 4 X 6's. The oversize print arguement is lost on me.

Three tanks, integrated card slots, color LCD screen, borderless prints and decent software. Supplies are easy to find, its a workhorse in out house. Its recently been discontinued, so prices are falling. You can get this printer for way under $200 on eBay.

Plus, it also will print color for the teacher in the house - cards, invitations, and fun school stuff.

I eBayed the P400. For all of my home printing and gift printing, I use the 7550. For the big stuff (up to 20 X 30) its cheaper and easier to go to Shutterfly. For the giant stuff, I use Kinkos.

I give huge thumbs up to the 7550 - it totally converted this dye sub snob - and for the price, its the best sub $200 photo printer going right now.

k

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom