printer suggestions????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My suggestion would be to definitely go Epson and get on of the Photostylus printers. The quality is awesom and they are extremely reliable in my experience. I spent years working in a digital photo lab and to my eye, the Epson quality is great even on a basic consumer level. My 1280 does a great job that surpasses the quality of some of the high-end professional printers in use just a few years ago and at a fraction of the cost. Even my relatively inexpensive 925 that I got for the wife is great.

Some of the other makes do a fine job as well. But with Espon you can't go wrong and it's the only brand I will purchase.

For other opinions go to dpreview.com go to the forums section and read the printer section.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1003

I have a Canon i950 and totally happy with it. 6 colors and fast even when printing full 8X10. HP is the least thought of when it comes to printing pictures. Don’t think you could go wrong with the Canon or the Epson. Canon seemed to be better when I bought mine a few months back so that is what I decided to go with.

Dan

For the most part I would stay with two brands.
I have had to do very few repairs on either one of these
Epsom 1280
or any HP PHoto smart printers
Stay away from cannon , and especially lex-mark
I base these on past experience of repairing them and my usage of them

Again stay away from HP for printing pics. So if you use the above comments and mine I guess you’re left with Epson.

Dan

medic13 once bubbled...
For the most part I would stay with two brands.
I have had to do very few repairs on either one of these
Epsom 1280
or any HP PHoto smart printers
Stay away from cannon , and especially lex-mark
I base these on past experience of repairing them and my usage of them

any particular reason to stay away from canons ? i know several pro photogs that use the canons along with the epsons and have had no problems with them, there are areas that canons dont do as well as the epsons but they know that and use it with in those limits

I just bought a new printer two weeks ago. I got the Epson Photo Stylus 960 and the prints are AWESOME... With seperate ink cart.'s I don't have to worry about running out of only one ink.. I would HIGHLY recommend this one!

other than they need repairing all the time nothing else,
new ones have good quality in printing just don't seem to be built well as epson and HP professional or photo series .

What I meant with the paper bending is that on my HP 7150, the paper goes in the front, gets bended around, printed on and comes out the front. I'm not sure how that affects thicker card etc but I think you can get printers where the paper goes in one side and out the other hence no bending. But am not sure of this at all and of course it depends on whether this would be an issue for you.

I've been very happy with my Canon S9000, which I've had for just over a year now. It does guzzle ink when churning out A3 prints, but the results are well worth it, and the seperate ink tanks are a little easier on the pocket.

I recently did an A3 collage of my locally taken 2003 pics, and personallised it for my LDS. They "bought" the rights off me to reproduce it for postcards, the quality of the print sold it, and A3 prints do have that extra wow factor.

ROCKS!

We've had ours for about 3 years now. The 8" x 10" hi res prints we get out of it are amazing.

AAMOF, I defy anyone who looks at our Diving Wall to be able to tell which pictures are prints from slide film and which ones are prints from our digital camera.... they are THAT crisp!

I have also found this a great printer for making our scuba cards. Also, our graphic artist at the office did banners that came out very nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom