Primary light clip off

Clipping off primary light

• Two fixed bolt snaps (balast and handle)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • One fixed bolt snap at handle, bungie loop at balast + double ender

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • One fixed bolt snap at balast, bungie loop at handle + double ender

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Two bungie loops (balast and handle) + double ender

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanna see some pics of the light head and handle options please.

I used to use the two bungee loops on handle and ballast but I was doing an ascent during a night dive and dropped the double ender so I had no way to clip off the light head after I surfaced. Now I use a bolt snap tied to the handle and have a bungee loop at the ballast for the double ender that I store in my pocket or clipped off to the right chest d-ring. It is much better for me to have some sort of permanent attachment in-case I get clumsy again. :D

Should always have a few spare double enders in your pocket anyway, but being able to clip your light off one handed from the ballast side is important I think.

Mark

Robert Phillips:
I used to use the two bungee loops on handle and ballast but I was doing an ascent during a night dive and dropped the double ender so I had no way to clip off the light head after I surfaced. Now I use a bolt snap tied to the handle and have a bungee loop at the ballast for the double ender that I store in my pocket or clipped off to the right chest d-ring. It is much better for me to have some sort of permanent attachment in-case I get clumsy again. :D

mweitz:
Should always have a few spare double enders in your pocket anyway, but being able to clip your light off one handed from the ballast side is important I think.

Mark

Well, that night I was diving wet with thick gloves on (Lobster season opening night) and no pockets. I had some difficulty getting the D/E attached to the loops in the dark, so I just clipped the D/E to my d-ring. At the end of the dive at my 10' stop I dropped the D/E in 30fsw. I just tossed the cord over my shoulders for the swim in as it was a very calm night w/lots of bioluminesence. Not a major issue, but one that made me decide I needed at least one permanent attachment.

Being able to clip off one handed is important, but you need to be able to see the loop to attach the D/E too. Try it on a night dive a few times and you'll see what I mean.

Robb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom