Pressed Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarysmith:
You guys are killing me. What's wrong with a shiny new tank? I happen to like the big sticker and sniny silver finish. Any way, how long until it looks dull and grey. Will that make me a diver then?

The only people that own shiny new tanks are people that dont dive. So, go buy yourself another set of them, put them in your living room, and dont dive them. That way, they will stay shiny, and you can look at them whenever you want... :)

iflyprops:
Don't use heat on the sticker!!! It's too much work. Take a brand new single edge razor blade and lift the edge up enough to get ahold of it and peel the entire thing off. I have done three so far, and the first one was with heat and was way too much work...the other two that I used with the razor blade took about 30 seconds.

I tried that, but mine wasn't coming off easily. I just put it under running hot water in the bathtub for about 30 seconds to soften the glue and then it peeled off really easily...

I used a razor blade on my new 80s, but they were so stuck on there, they came off in pieces and I had to scrape them off small pieces at a time. They finally came off but left the glue was still on the tanks.

I will definitely try the hairdryer and hot water when my 130s come in... whenever that may be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom