Prescriptions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suppose that I should remove the Actifed pills from the marked card and carry them in an emptied aspirin bottle.

Phenylephrine is a good over the counter nasal decongestant, similar to Sudafed and it works well for some but is not as strong for me personally. I wonder if it is on a banned list as well.
Afrin is more powerful than Sudafed but is very short acting and if used often will have rebound congestion worse than started with.
Mometasone is the same as our Nasonex, similar to Flonase. It is not a decongestant but can help if congestion is due to allergies.

Phenylephrine is a good over the counter nasal decongestant, similar to Sudafed and it works well for some but is not as strong for me personally. I wonder if it is on a banned list as well.
I think it's close to worthless. The company that owned the Sudafed name wanted to sell something under that well known name, but do it without restrictions.

A well known name taken original chemical name of Pseudoephedrine, but since it's now on a worthless bog - I prefer to use "original Sudafed" or the chemical name of Pseudoephedrine. I always have to look up the spelling tho.

Mometasone
One should read about that steroid before using.

I suppose that I should remove the Actifed pills from the marked card and carry them in an emptied aspirin bottle.

Nah. Since 2006 Actifed has had phenylephrine, not pseudoephedrine.

It was discontinued altogether in 2009, so you might consider tossing it and just taking pseudoephedrine and chlorpheniramine separately.

It isn't banned in Mexico.

Nah. Since 2006 Actifed has had phenylephrine, not pseudoephedrine.

It was discontinued altogether in 2009, so you might consider tossing it and just taking pseudoephedrine and chlorpheniramine separately.
Sorry, I actually buy Wal-Act D at Walgreens that contains 60 mg of pseudoephedrine per pill. I usually take two a day, almost every day.

Sorry, I actually buy Wal-Act D at Walgreens that contains 60 mg of pseudoephedrine per pill. I usually take two a day, almost every day.

Dude! There is absolutely no way taking that much pseudoephedrine (or any decongestant) that consistently could conceivably be good, or even not bad, for you. At this point you're probably treating decongestant rebound congestion with decongestant.

Dude! There is absolutely no way taking that much pseudoephedrine (or any decongestant) that consistently could conceivably be good, or even not bad, for you. At this point you're probably treating decongestant rebound congestion with decongestant.
Perhaps. I have worse habits.

Do you have information that would indicate that pseudoephidrine has rebound congestion?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom