prescription scuba mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smilelims

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new OW looking to invest in a scuba mask for my up coming trip in Cozumel :D . My biggest problem is that I have really bad eyes (about -7.5 nearsigntedness and 3.5 astigmatism) which puts a lot of great masks out of my league. Therefore, I want to kindly ask you all on your opinions.

1) What are some good prescription masks out there for pre-made lenses / custom lenses?

2) For those of you with similar problem, do you find pre-made lenses with only nearsightedness sufficient?

Thanks!

SeaVision will make a mask to your prescrition including bi-focals if needed. I love mine.

SeaVisionUSA.com

. . . all I need to say.

the K

I use disposable soft contacts for diving. They work great. (if you're diving in the ocean, make sure you toss them every day, since there are nasty critters that the lens cleaner won't kill).

You can get the correct lenses put in your mask, however at high powers they seem to severely limit the field of vision, which doesn't happen with contacts.

Terry

smilelims:
I am a new OW looking to invest in a scuba mask for my up coming trip in Cozumel :D . My biggest problem is that I have really bad eyes (about -7.5 nearsigntedness and 3.5 astigmatism) which puts a lot of great masks out of my league. Therefore, I want to kindly ask you all on your opinions.

1) What are some good prescription masks out there for pre-made lenses / custom lenses?

2) For those of you with similar problem, do you find pre-made lenses with only nearsightedness sufficient?

Thanks!

Don't mess with the "pick a lens" dive shop lens. They are fine if you just need readers but you appear to need a lot more. Call Prescription Dive Mask, the link is above. They are divers and ophthalmologists who will talk directly with you and grind a lens specifically for you. The lens can be put in most any mask, so pick the mask you like and ship it to them.

We have masks with RX up to -8.0 but not astigmatism adjustment.
http://www.crazyscuba.com/pd_oceanways_prescription_optical.cfm

We have an eye doc that makes lenses for us also, to match your RX and he does a great job. We also use SeaVision which is also very good. These ground lenses, not the glue in type that some places use. Check out whatever you're looking at and make sure it's top quality.

One of my DM's is near sighted and has an astigmatism and she only used the near sighted correction in hers, but I'm not sure how her RX compares to yours. If you get me your RX (you can email me directly if you'd like), I can get you an estimate on your RX.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help you.

Britt :fish:
:fish:

herman:
Don't mess with the "pick a lens" dive shop lens. They are fine if you just need readers but you appear to need a lot more. Call Prescription Dive Mask, the link is above. They are divers and ophthalmologists who will talk directly with you and grind a lens specifically for you. The lens can be put in most any mask, so pick the mask you like and ship it to them.

good advice with your astigmatism.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom