Pre-Vortoberfest dive at Morrisons Friday Oct 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Kristal, you want to meet at Vortex and get set up at the campsite, then head over to Morrison together? I got plenty of room in the RAV for your gear. Then I can get my tanks from Vortex anyway and not have to bring some from up here. We can be at Morrison's by around 2-3p and start setting up there in time to meet the guys! Just a few more weeks to go!

Happy Diving!
Carolyn:sharks:

I'm hoping school will keep most of the local crowds away until 4 or so? Who knows though, I guess we'll see.

Would you be up for JB on Saturday?

Not those locals...the ones that hang out there in the middle of the night... :D

I thought Morrison was a sunrise to sunset thing. I'd love to do a night dive there.

JB may be possible. I'll let you know once my schedule is set.

Morrison is supposed to be a sunrise to sunset thing, but there isn't really anything to keep you out at this time. *shrugs*

Sounds good. I figured as much, but I've also heard of locals that carry an aluminum container of a different variety that hang out there during the dark hours. I'm more worried about them than the SO. The SO will just ask us to leave...

Hey Kristal, you want to meet at Vortex and get set up at the campsite, then head over to Morrison together? I got plenty of room in the RAV for your gear. Then I can get my tanks from Vortex anyway and not have to bring some from up here. We can be at Morrison's by around 2-3p and start setting up there in time to meet the guys! Just a few more weeks to go!

Happy Diving!
Carolyn:sharks:
Carolyn! Sounds like a plan. Will get my tanks from Vortex as well. I can't wait! :)

The last time that I was at Morrison after dark (three weeks ago) there was a carload of teens waiting for someone to come give them a battery jump. They were playing music and dancing. If you really want to do a night dive there a group of us can go with you. There is always safety in numbers.

Thanks, Tom. Maybe we can set up a night dive there some weekend. Not only will it be safer, but a lot more fun!

The plan for Friday is

Friday

8AM meet at Morrison Springs for a single dive
Pack up and head slightly north for a little exploration adventure to Holmes Blue Spring
Eat lunch and head back to Morrison for an afternoon dive
Sally's!

Just pasted from the regular Vortoberfest thread. This applies to Friday as discussed in this seperate thread.

The revised plan due to weather for Friday is now:
The plan for Friday is

Friday

12 noon meet at Morrison Springs for a set of dives.
Eat in the afternoon at Sally's!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom