Pre arrival Covid test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Do you or don’t you need a Covid test 24 hours before arrival if we are fully vaccinated?

One government web site says level 5 protocol no pre arrival testing, another says you need pre arrival testing.

We are traveling mid July.

thanks

bill

If you are fully vaccinated yes then after July 1 you will not need to be tested, according to an announcement today.

You still need to prove vaccination using the Travel Cayman website.

Also the caymans don’t accept US CDC cards as proof, must be digital QR code. CDC cards were too easy to fake for those that couldn’t be bothered to play by the rules.

Waiting in line to immigrate there were a few people that didn’t have the QR codes and caused a scene.

My state, Arkansas, does not have a QR code on my vaccination record. What happens when we arrive without one?

Also the caymans don’t accept US CDC cards as proof, must be digital QR code. CDC cards were too easy to fake for those that couldn’t be bothered to play by the rules.

Waiting in line to immigrate there were a few people that didn’t have the QR codes and caused a scene.
Their website says the CDC cards are acceptable as long as you upload them to the portal to obtain your authorization.

It is clear why people are confused, information is often contradictory
1656165457009.png

Edit: sorry, I see @AggieDiver addressed this while I was typing

It is clear why people are confused, information is often contradictory
View attachment 730012

Edit: sorry, I see @AggieDiver addressed this while I was typing
I suspect the people in line who had problems probably didn’t upload them online or didn’t bring the form showing the authorization with the QR code.

How would one get a digital QR code? I’m just curious if that’s something that’s available to me.

You can pay for a clear account which let you upload a copy of your CDC card and after they validate it, you’ll get a QR code.

It was a bit of a pain to get mine, since I got mine through the federal government but ultimately got it.

The CDC card thing looks like it got updated as part of the no testing announcement, the verbiage was very clear previously that they weren’t excepted and we witnessed that being an issue at immigration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom