Pre arrival Covid test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trip costs. It isn't much for complete trip coverage.

You keep me entertained! I'm sure you knew what I meant even though spell check hacked it.. After all you have constantly brought that up often over past.

As always, out of the 400 I'm sure that a large percentage is elderly and people with a health issue(s).
Medical travel Covid insurance runs about $10 for a 30yr old - $30 for a 60yr old. Not quite 5% of a week-long trip to the Caymans.

Currently:
Covid deaths per 100,000 people:
Unvaccinated: 1.71
Vaccinated: 0.22

Not sure what you’re babbling about with regard to to older people. Don’t get confused by the base rate fallacy. Older people die at greater rates than younger people. Most older people have been vaccinated. Their absolute number is obviously much higher than younger unvaccinated people. I taught math and stats for years. You can easily figure this out.

Medical travel Covid insurance runs about $10 for a 30yr old - $30 for a 60yr old. Not quite 5% of a week-long trip to the Caymans.
Again, I was referring to myself and complete trip coverage as i normally wouldnt just get covid protection. Not sure why anyone would fret about $10 to $30 for a week per person though, if that was all that was required. Many probably spend more in drinks while just getting there.
Currently:
Covid deaths per 100,000 people:
Unvaccinated: 1.71
Vaccinated: 0.22

Not too concerning numbers to me, however I'm not here debating if people should be vaccinated. :wink:
Not sure what you’re babbling about with regard to to older people.
If you reread it, it was fairly clear.
I taught math and stats for years. You can easily figure this out.
This is great do you tutor?

They are not requiring you to do any travel authorization, so there isn’t really any way for them to ask it of you. And even under the current system, you don’t have to have the insurance, just check the box that you are self insured and understand that you are responsible for the costs of treatment.

They are not requiring you to do any travel authorization, so there isn’t really any way for them to ask it of you. And even under the current system, you don’t have to have the insurance, just check the box that you are self insured and understand that you are responsible for the costs of treatment.
Thanks for the clarity. I was thinking along those lines too.

Is there a formal declaration anywhere of the updated rule for post Aug 24?

This is great! It was just down to no more quarantining when we booked... now we don't even have to provide proof of vaccination, test or request travel authorization!

From visitcayman:

Effective August 24, 2022, all travelers—vaccinated and unvaccinated—are permitted to enter the Cayman Islands without the need of any additional documents or health-related steps due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Travelers are NOT required to:

• Apply for a Travel Declaration or Travel Request via Travel Cayman
  • Present a negative COVID-19 test
  • Show proof of vaccination
  • Wear masks

Thanks for the clarity. I was thinking along those lines too.

Is there a formal declaration anywhere of the updated rule for post Aug 24?
Havent looked on the government page for the official notice, but this article makes it pretty clear they are getting rid of everything related to travel authorization and entry requirements

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom