Pre arrival Covid test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s new. This was the text in place when we traveled last week…

When we emailed and asked, they said it wouldn’t be accepted. So I dunno. With all the shifting requirements and website updates not always getting every mention, it’s a pain. Sounds like regardless though now it isn’t an issue.

"

What Is A Securely Verifiable Vaccination Record?
“Secure verification” means that the validity of your vaccination record can be verified through the use of approved technological solutions.
Most securely verifiable vaccination records will contain a QR code. This code needs to be presented on arrival, either electronically on a mobile device or as a physical copy. It is strongly recommended that travellers keep a printed copy on hand for verification on arrival."

"How Do I Know If My Vaccination Record Can Be Securely Verified By The Cayman Islands?
The following are securely verifiable vaccination records:
Vaccination records issued by the Cayman Islands Health Services Authority
NHS certificates with embedded secure features or those retrieved from the NHS mobile app or website which provides a securely verifiable QR code
SMART Health Cards from issuers that are a part of the CommonTrust Network. This includes North American issuers, such as:
Walmart Pharmacy
Sam's Club Pharmacy
State of California
State of Louisiana
UC San Diego Health
CVS Health
UC Health
New York State (using the Excelsior Pass Plus platform)
Vaccination records from the European Union Member States and other countries that meet the EU Digital COVID Certificate standard.
Vaccination records from Barbados Ministry of Health and Wellness
It is anticipated that this list will expand as other issuers meet the Cayman Islands’ criteria for the secure verification of vaccination records.

Is My CDC Vaccination Card Securely Verifiable?
No, CDC vaccination cards are not securely verifiable."

I couldn't get the QR code to work so just uploaded the CDC card images into the Travel Cayman website and it worked fine.

As of July 1, you no longer need a pre-arrival covid test and there's no mask mandate. I spent most of the previous two weeks there and had a great time.

Any chance GC removes the vaccine mandate anytime soon? I am vaxxed but a few in my party refuse to get the vax and wanting to head there sometime next summer. Hopefully by then no need for the vax.

Any chance GC removes the vaccine mandate anytime soon? I am vaxxed but a few in my party refuse to get the vax and wanting to head there sometime next summer. Hopefully by then no need for the vax.
Doubtful, but still hopeful.

I hope not
If someone is unvaxxed and gets covid, you should be able to tell easier!:) so there is a...benefit..

Without Covid testing to get back into the US, you don't know who on your plane is infected, or whether they know or not.
True that you do not need a covid test to enter, or fly anywhere in US. So upon arrival to GC you most likely have already sat next to many with and without symptoms.

In my opinion one of the big reasons they should change the vax requirements.

True that you do not need a covid test to enter, or fly anywhere in US. So upon arrival to GC you most likely have already sat next to many with and without symptoms.

In my opinion one of the big reasons they should change the vax requirements.
Change to what? Trying to understand your comment in the context of Cayman and flying in the US.

Easy logic. They don’t want the hassle of treating unvaxed tourists who get sick while there. Can’t blame them.

Back
Top Bottom