Pre arrival Covid test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Change to what? Trying to understand your comment in the context of Cayman and flying in the US.
To not being a requirement as they don't test from here to there and back anyhow.

Easy logic. They don’t want the hassle of treating unvaxed tourists who get sick while there. Can’t blame them.
Many vaccinated still get sick and while vaccinated have around 25 times lower risk of a hospital stay, that is from a low percentage to begin with. From a quick glance, last week looks like it was about 29 per 100,000 (0.03%) with around 18 (58%) being above 65. So, it seems that last week's hospital rate per 100,000 was 0.0126% for people under age 65. Then if we split off the people with comorbidities, I am sure the number goes down to an even smaller % of the population.

Again, from a quick look, Cayman has had around 30,000 cases out of a population of 67,000 with 29 deaths (0.1%) and 147,000 vaccinations (most it seems would have 2 or more). I would also think that most visitors would have a shot or more if they are in a high-risk category. I personally just don't see the logic that you see.

I would think they are losing out more from tourism but at least for now for younger families they have odd rules such as - Children age 11 and younger will take the vaccination status of their parents. So, they do not have to be vaxxed but will pretend that they are.

Outstanding news. I just read there is no longer a vaccine requirement to travel to Grand Cayman after August 24th. Saw it on Deep Blue Diver's Cayman facebook page. That is awesome news and time to book that trip back to the Kimpton.

I wonder if they are dispensing with the insurance requirement too?

Outstanding news. I just read there is no longer a vaccine requirement to travel to Grand Cayman after August 24th. Saw it on Deep Blue Diver's Cayman facebook page. That is awesome news and time to book that trip back to the Kimpton.
That is good news and looking at the numbers, seems about time! Honestly, I thought that they would hold out far longer than the scubaboard invasions.

I wonder if they are dispensing with the insurance requirement too?
I travel with insurance anyhow but looking at some numbers serious risk seems way smaller than it used to be. Most people that would have issues such as the elderly and people with *comorbitities should have been infected and/or had shots by now.

That is good news and looking at the numbers, seems about time! Honestly, I thought that they would hold out far longer than the scubaboard invasions.

I travel with insurance anyhow but looking at some numbers serious risk seems way smaller than it used to be. Most people that would have issues such as the elderly and people with commodities should have been infected and/or had shots by now.
I have insurance too, but I’m bringing 18 of my closest friends. Risk is not the issue. They want to know whether the Cayman will require Cov-19 insurance after Aug 24.

I have insurance too, but I’m bringing 18 of my closest friends. Risk is not the issue. They want to know whether the Cayman will require Cov-19 insurance after Aug 24.
Good to hear that you are not overly concerned.

Since we can only speculate since the wording is not 100% clear, it looks like they finally are making logical decisions. Though It sure does look like they will remove that as well. But 5% or so is just a drop in the bucket on a trip.

without the need of any additional documents or health-related steps due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Good to hear that you are not overly concerned.

Since we can only speculate since the wording is not 100% clear, it looks like they finally are making logical decisions. Though It sure does look like they will remove that as well. But 5% or so is just a drop in the bucket on a trip.
5% of what?

Why should people with commodities present any risk? Perhaps you mean comorbidities? The majority of the 400 daily Covid 19 deaths right now are predominantly white unvaccinated individuals.

5% of what?
Trip costs. It isn't much for complete trip coverage.
Why should people with commodities present any risk? Perhaps you mean comorbidities?

You keep me entertained! I'm sure you knew what I meant even though spell check hacked it.. After all you have constantly brought that up often over past.
The majority of the 400 daily Covid 19 deaths right now are predominantly white unvaccinated individuals.
As always, out of the 400 I'm sure that a large percentage is elderly and people with a health issue(s).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom