Prayer is useless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGSAGE136:
FACT: The native Americans never saw Columbus' ships arrive. They sailed right in un-noticed until they were physically verifiable. They had no previous knowledge of them, and simply did not see them. Research it!

what is this in reference to?:06:

Hemlon:
I think ANY positive energy yields results, whether it be Judeo-Christian prayer, Buddhist meditation, New Age crystal therapy, or whatever.

Is there any special power in Judeo-Christian prayer? No more than in any other positive energy.

No culture has a monopoly on beauty or value just as no religion has a monopoly on truth- Voltaire

Satan masquerades as an angel of light and thereby distracts mankind from worshipping the one true God. That true God loves His creation and seeks a personal relationship with mankind. He has revealed Himself through His word and in the person of Jesus Christ. Other "gods" are idols with no power.

Yes there is power in Judeo-Christian prayer. It's not simple "positive energy" which is a meaningless phrase.

Voltaire is now confronting after life reality and that truth is not relative.

Lisa0825:
what is this in reference to?:06:

We only see what we know to look for. We only acknowledge things that we perceive.
Our perception is limited by our very narrow understanding of the world around us.
What we don't understand we tend to ignore.

Like intelligent design.

BIGSAGE136:
We only see what we know to look for. We only acknowledge things that we perceive.
Our perception is limited by our very narrow understanding of the world around us.
What we don't understand we tend to ignore.

Like intelligent design.

Ah, gotcha.

Now as far as intelligent design goes, I have always believed that our creation was via evolution but that it did not rule out a creator utilizing that as a method. My problem with intelligent design is that some religious communities are trying to force it to be taught in schools, and since it brings religion directly into the mix, it does not belong in public schools where no single faith should be taught, if you believe in a separation of church and state.

Lisa0825:
Ah, gotcha.

Now as far as intelligent design goes, I have always believed that our creation was via evolution but that it did not rule out a creator utilizing that as a method. My problem with intelligent design is that some religious communities are trying to force it to be taught in schools, and since it brings religion directly into the mix, it does not belong in public schools where no single faith should be taught, if you believe in a separation of church and state.

Thread Snatcher!:D

I have a friend who says the Mandelbrot Set is pure coincedence!

Green_Manelishi:
Satan masquerades as an angel of light and thereby distracts mankind from worshipping the one true God. That true God loves His creation and seeks a personal relationship with mankind. He has revealed Himself through His word and in the person of Jesus Christ. Other "gods" are idols with no power.

Yes there is power in Judeo-Christian prayer. It's not simple "positive energy" which is a meaningless phrase.

Voltaire is now confronting after life reality and that truth is not relative.

And who gets the priviledge of choosing that "one true God?" Is it you or is it the 10 year old child in China? What if it's not the same choice?

What makes your God the right one and the Chinese child's God the false one?

00scuba:
Is that how "it was his will" or "that was in his plan" when tragedy strikes works? So people with terminal cancer, victims of violence, horrific weather related deaths, children dying, those malnurished and sick etc..... just need to be comforted by knowing it was all in his works.

No, that is something completely different, but not within the scope of allowed discussion on this board :D

When we ALL make the great transition...wouldnt it be mind blowing to find out GOD is a title....like President?

BIGSAGE136:
Thread Snatcher!:D

I have a friend who says the Mandelbrot Set is pure coincedence!

Hey, now.... YOU are the one who brought up intelligent design.... did ya really think that would slip by unnoticed?LOL eyebrow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom