PPD TAGS - who wants one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMG_3769.JPG

Well I made the mistake of putting my PPD tag on my HID light carry case and security at the Manila airport confiscated it this morning!!! Then after a full cavity check, they proceeded to interrogate me on what this PPD organization is, whether it had any links to Abu Sayyaf, and if Pakman was my code name? OK, actually they just made me check it in... :)

Thanks to Jai for bringing them down to Anilao last weekend and for Chip to actually get my money to Jonix... afraid he was going to buy a bucket of KFC fried chicken on his way back from Anilao with the money...

Also saw purplehammerhead proudly strutting around PG with his PPD tag followed by masses of locals wondering if Larry Bird was actually in town...:wink:

Mike Veitch:
Good looking tag, Pak....

Soooo, what kinda regs you own?!?! :wink:

HOw was the PI for you?

PI was excellent. There wasn't an angry, stone-throwing mob waiting for me in Anilao and didn't see any "Go home Korean" signs anywhere... Got some fun dives in with chip, spoon, and mon. Will try to post something about my trip but most of it is not too interesting as I was doing a class for most of my time in PG.

Diver Dennis:
How was PG pakman? Where did you stay? We are going to Atlantis in March.

great... Water was relatively warm for this time of year. They were saying it hasn't gotten that cold this winter. PG was packed with chinese new years. I ended up staying in a little inn called Sha-che which was right next to Tech Asia where I was doing a normoxic trimix course. El Galleon was fully booked as were pretty much all the big resorts.

It's unfortunate that I have to report that the tags are not suitable for cold water diving. I attached a tag to my BP today, it snapped while getting my gear in order.

The only solution, so seems to be, would be to move to the Philippines... :D

El Orans:
It's unfortunate that I have to report that the tags are not suitable for cold water diving. I attached a tag to my BP today, it snapped while getting my gear in order.

Dude, you need a drysuit....

El Orans:

aw meyn! now we need to develop a cold water version :D

good thing you have reserves eyebrow

how did it snap? you attached your buddy to it? :D

Back
Top Bottom