PPD TAGS - who wants one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans:
It's unfortunate that I have to report that the tags are not suitable for cold water diving. I attached a tag to my BP today, it snapped while getting my gear in order.

The only solution, so seems to be, would be to move to the Philippines... :D
MOF ALERT!!! MOF ALERT!!!!

Jag

paolov:
any new evolution of the PPB Logo?
PPB or PPD???

both are typos - one can either be "pinoy big brother" or "phil para divers"

patience on that... have a couple of projects running... will turn out the slave labor soon enough

Jag

El Orans:
It's unfortunate that I have to report that the tags are not suitable for cold water diving. I attached a tag to my BP today, it snapped while getting my gear in order.

El Orans, great you enjoy it! If you look on the other thread of us diving with Pak, you'll see my tag on my 1st stage!

El Orans:

I've got one name tag I hate to get rid of (sentimental and why I ordered several PPD tags) where I've ended up drilling two extra holes to account for breaks.

pakman:
IMG_3769.JPG

Well I made the mistake of putting my PPD tag on my HID light carry case and security at the Manila airport confiscated it this morning!!! Then after a full cavity check, they proceeded to interrogate me on what this PPD organization is, whether it had any links to Abu Sayyaf, and if Pakman was my code name? OK, actually they just made me check it in... :)

Thanks to Jai for bringing them down to Anilao last weekend and for Chip to actually get my money to Jonix... afraid he was going to buy a bucket of KFC fried chicken on his way back from Anilao with the money...

Also saw purplehammerhead proudly strutting around PG with his PPD tag followed by masses of locals wondering if Larry Bird was actually in town...:wink:

Lol, errrm all I have to say is that that's quite a cool HID light case.
BTW, great photos in your gallery.. I can see that you're quite talented with the camera :).

Fan of Team America :14:?

So just how flimsy are these PPD tags anyway, I'm toying with the idea of getting one.

Jamdiver:
Lol, errrm all I have to say is that that's quite a cool HID light case.
BTW, great photos in your gallery.. I can see that you're quite talented with the camera :).

Fan of Team America :14:?

So just how flimsy are these PPD tags anyway, I'm toying with the idea of getting one.

it's almost as thick as a credit card.

I found a new place for the tag: on my first aid kit. It will be carried to all major local dive sites, thus enabling future victims to say "I was saved by a pasaway".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom