Power Inflator safe seconds??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vancehobart

Reaction score
This has probably been asked, But, may I get some opinions on which to purchase?
Air II or Atomic's SSI?
The SSI seems easier to use with bigger buttons and I like the titanium valve concept, but....other considerations??
Thanks,
Vance "n" Vacaville

The buttons - not only larger, but easier to push on the SSI. Just a FYI - the Atomic uses the fittings for a Zeagle / Seaquest octo inflator - not the same fitting as the Scubapro / Tusa. The Atomic runs about 30-40 more dollars - but seem to be nicer units.

I just got an AIR 2 today for my b'day! i really like them, but that's each's opinion.

vancehobart:
This has probably been asked, But, may I get some opinions on which to purchase?
Air II or Atomic's SSI?
The SSI seems easier to use with bigger buttons and I like the titanium valve concept, but....other considerations??
Thanks,
Vance "n" Vacaville
I have the SS1 safe second on my BC. The buttons are easy to use.

99% of the time you'll be using your SS1 (or airII) for bouyancy, but there may come a time when you're at depth and your panicked buddy comes begging for air. That's when YOU get to use your safe 2nd so you want to make sure it's a good regulator as well. In fact my buddy kind of narced/panicked on a 120' night dive (the water temp was about 48 degrees F) and his ATX50 started giving him very wet air. He was breathing pretty hard. He swapped it for his SS1, and did fine. Personally I find that my SS1 breathes harder than my Atomics Aquatics M1, so YMMV.

Jerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom