Post-Cozumel Blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

to dive matt...i know for a fact that Aldora is good but Living Underwater is just as good...small fast boat...6-8 divers..no more...and you dive your computer...and bottom times of about 90 min each...using steel tanks...awesome dives..i had written on a different post to you once before...i think
melissa

melfox26:
When do the post-Cozumel blues go away? I've been back since Sunday night, and I still find myself looking on Cozumel websites often while at work. I even checked the Cozumel weather on weather.com for what reason I don't know.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox

Hey, Mel, sorry I missed seeing you in Paradise. To answer your question, no, it's an addiction from which there is no recovery. There is no effective therapy other than to treat the symptoms by going back. I've been a Cozuholic since 1978, and the post high letdown has never gone away.

I have a picture of the view out the glass door of the hotel where I stay as the permanent background screen on my computers at home and at work.. It was shot on a sunny day at about 9 am; if you look at it closely you can just make out the big palapa across the channel on the mainland.

Heavy sigh.

melfox26:
When do the post-Cozumel blues go away? I've been back since Sunday night, and I still find myself looking on Cozumel websites often while at work. I even checked the Cozumel weather on weather.com for what reason I don't know.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox

But don't do that :wink:

Research showed us how to rent a car for a day for half of what we paid last time. Heck, this trip ought to be cheap,

divematt where did you find your rental car? Did you reserve it B4 you left for Coz?

ggunn:
Hey, Mel, sorry I missed seeing you in Paradise. To answer your question, no, it's an addiction from which there is no recovery. There is no effective therapy other than to treat the symptoms by going back. I've been a Cozuholic since 1978, and the post high letdown has never gone away.

I have a picture of the view out the glass door of the hotel where I stay as the permanent background screen on my computers at home and at work.. It was shot on a sunny day at about 9 am; if you look at it closely you can just make out the big palapa across the channel on the mainland.

Heavy sigh.

Yeah, too bad we couldn't get together for a Negra Leon or something. I understand what you mean, my new desktop wallpaper is a shot that I took a week ago on the FA pier at sunset while waiting for the night dive boat (more below on that). Pic attached as well.

I read your post about another dive op dropping a million divers on your heads at Las Palmas a week ago for a night dive. I was on that boat, but not part of the huge group. My buddy and I were picked up last, the Dive Paradise boat was packed with at least 18 divers. Since Las Palmas is is close proximity to the FA, we were on the dive site in no time after we were picked up and immediately the first 2 groups of 6 divers each jumped in the water and descended. Had I known you were below, I might have hurried in putting my gear together =) I was part of the 3rd group who went in 5 minutes later, just 6 of us. Never saw other dive lights around, great night dive site, saw this monster spiny lobster walking around, I mean, he looked like he could've been in a Godzilla movie. Also saw a splendid Toadfish for the first time on that dive.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox

melfox26:

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox
Hi Mel,
Let me pull up a chair and try to break this to you as easy as I can. This feeling. This malaise so to speak, we'll mel, there is no easy way to say it, so I'll be blunt. IT'S NEVER GOING TO GO AWAY. Like the loss of a loved one, you'll just learn to deal with it better. There is however hope. This feeling, known as T.H.P. (the horrific pain ) will begin leave you as you approach the date of your return visit to Cozumel, and T.H.P. will indeed COMPLETLY leave your body as the flight attendant takes your boarding pass for the return flight to Cozumel.
There are stratagies to deal with T.H.P, and you'll need them untill the eventual permanent move to Cozumel comes. While you are in Cozumel, do as my wife and I do, begin to plan the next trip the second you realize you have to leave at some point.
Second continually check the weather in Cozumel (it will say something like 'cloudy and 80 f.' it never really changes, but this is of no consiquence to you, the important thing is to check it). By checking the weather your fingers touch the keyboard which is electrically connected to say, the weather channel, which is electrically connected to cozumel, so in effect each time you check the weather there, you are actually touching Cozumel, as long as you fingers are in contact with the key board, and if you are touching a place you are certainly there.
Lastly while you are at work take time to close your eyes and realize that like "the matrix" where you are is not reality. In reality we are actually in Cozumel right now, asleep, having a very bad dream. When we wake up we'll dive palancar gardens and then in the afternoon french lady, have something to eat then night dive francisco. I'll see you on the boat.
Mike

melfox26:
Yeah, too bad we couldn't get together for a Negra Leon or something.

... Never saw other dive lights around, great night dive site, saw this monster spiny lobster walking around, I mean, he looked like he could've been in a Godzilla movie. Also saw a splendid Toadfish for the first time on that dive.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox

Could be that we came closer to meeting each other than we thought. I saw that same lobster.

I am with Parrotheaddiver: Please teach us Obie-wan how to rent a car for half price. --*looking around*-- It's just the few of us "friends" here, and we won't tell anyone else!!!

Wondering,

Wristshot

Wristshot:
I am with Parrotheaddiver: Please teach us Obie-wan how to rent a car for half price. --*looking around*-- It's just the few of us "friends" here, and we won't tell anyone else!!!

Wondering,

Wristshot

My buddy and I rented a Chevy Pop for 2 days at $35- a day including insurance from Less-Pay Car Rental located in the Hotel Barracuda building. It might have helped that my buddy is native Mexican and spoke nothing but Spanish, but that's the deal we got. Compare that to the sharks that are swimming around the town plaza saying that they have jeeps for $20- a day, then once they have your attention say that the $20- is only the starting cost. They then mention taxes, required insurance, etc. bringing the cost to $50+.

Mel

Well we returned April 30th and the dreams kept coming untill we took rescue diving.
Now it's all about helping divers. So the withdraws lasted about 20 days with some treatment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom