Possible to Enlarge drysuit thighs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MyronGanes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been working out pretty intensely and I've gained quite a bit of muscle. My thighs and fitting into the drysuit are my main concern. I've lost the ability to comfortable put on my fins and at this rate I will soon lose much of my leg mobility in the water. Would it be possible to send the drysuit in to Bare and have them enlarge the thigh area a couple inches?

You can ask, but I bet the general advice will be to get a custom suit.

I've been working out pretty intensely and I've gained quite a bit of muscle. My thighs and fitting into the drysuit are my main concern. I've lost the ability to comfortable put on my fins and at this rate I will soon lose much of my leg mobility in the water. Would it be possible to send the drysuit in to Bare and have them enlarge the thigh area a couple inches?

One of the reasons I moved to Fusion suit. Cant comment on enlarging the tight area, sounds like trouble.

A lot of things are possible, but they might not be a good idea. And this seems likely to be one of those. But I've had work done by Steve Gamble and he's very good and reasonably priced. If he doesn't want to do it there is probably a good reason not to try it.

Please post what you discover. Many folks will find it informative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom