possible to configure first stage upside down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dotcomdiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am using the fsr first stage i believe that comes with the xtx 200.

My question is the environmental seal is on the top of the first stage when screwed into the tank. this has all the writing on the unit in the correct upwrite reading format. I would like to flip it upside down to have the enviro seal pointing towards the floor or my fins when mounted on my back, this would however have the writing upside down when looking at the unit mounted to the tank.
Is it safe to do this and will it effect performance of the unit at depth?
And decrease in performance and I will consider another solution...

regards,

DOTCOM

No performance issues at all flipping the XTX200 first stage when I was diving it single tank long hose DIR/Hogarth style (cleaner hose routing when flipped upside down); I now use two XTX200's with double manifold tanks, each on their side when mounted on the tanks, with the enviroseal facing inward towards each other. . .

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104657&d=1317480546

no problems at all. The environmental seal is actually pressurized by the IP of the regulator, so it doesn't particularly care which way it is oriented. You could remove the environmental seal and it would still work just fine, you'd just have to shake a little water out at the end of the day.

HP hoses route out, so instead of the HP hose being below the inflator it's now on top and angles up slightly, but isn't the end of the world. You can cock the valve somewhat sideways to send the regulator hoses straight out and the LPI almost straight down and the HP would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom