Possible southern reef closure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dandy's looks like air temps.
Yep. Did someone specify water temps? I wear two Oceanic computers and an Spg with a thermometer that give a variety of temps at the same time.

Water temps have been consistently 82-83 this week so far- I can see it dropping to high 70's by January.

Check Jan 2014.
I'm sure that their thermometer failed that week.

upload_2019-11-21_17-24-23.png

After thousands of January dives I have never seen such variations as those charts. I just can't believe that. Like temps in the 80s or in the 60s, give me a break! Maybe in the sewage runoff of the southern resorts, or in the under water fresh water springs.And I'd never believe an average of 75 F. But just crazy. I'll try to post REAL water temps in January.

Dave (the former)

After thousands of January dives I have never seen such variations as those charts. I just can't believe that. Like temps in the 80s or in the 60s, give me a break! Maybe in the sewage runoff of the southern resorts, or in the under water fresh water springs.And I'd never believe an average of 75 F. But just crazy. I'll try to post REAL water temps in January.

Dave (the former)
I was posting air temps. I did not realize that y'all were discussing water temps.

Who cares about air temps that’s what boat coats and blankets are for!!
It always helps to be specific.

Dave (the former)
I've been seeing 76 to 79 in February, one of my "identical" computers reads low all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom