Possible Key Largo Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Do did a good job for us over Christmas week -- small, organized, leaves early (gets to the first site before other boats).
Stayed at the Hungry Pelican, which was fine. Scuba-Do has a relationship with the place across the water from their boat, I believe, though I forget the rate.

I too Dove with Silent World Last summer. They are great, very professional.
Good luck, have a great trip.

vondo:
I just got back from doing this. Silent World is top notch. Professional, fun, and about 10 divers on the boat. The diving was not that great since there was a lot of wind, waves, and surge. (There were small craft advisories every day).

I intend to go back in June or so and use the remaining two trips of my five trip package.

A few years ago I dove with Horizon Divers while in Key Largo. They also have packages thru Holiday Inn. They seemed top notch!! They had a unique to me service handling your dive gear, You could ship the gear to them UPS and after your dives they would clean and dry your gear and ship it back to you via UPS. They only charged for the actual shipping cost. It was really nice not to have to to pack the gear thru Miami Intnl Airport.

Firerescueguy:
A few years ago I dove with Horizon Divers while in Key Largo. They also have packages thru Holiday Inn. They seemed top notch!! They had a unique to me service handling your dive gear, You could ship the gear to them UPS and after your dives they would clean and dry your gear and ship it back to you via UPS. They only charged for the actual shipping cost. It was really nice not to have to to pack the gear thru Miami Intnl Airport.

Did one two tank with Horizon Divers. Very professional crew and a lot of fun.However my wife did not dive because the side ladders on thier Catmaran were a bit scary in a 2 ft chop. The crew did keep her entertained though, with lots of dive stories while I dove. My partner on the 1st dive got sick due to the surge and needed help getting back on board while i waited on the tag line. the second dive we moved to a new location in deeper water with less surge to contend with. Good boat in calm seas with lots of room on deck. wouldn't recomend it if it get rough though.

Also leaving in 6 days for Key Largo.. just called down there to check on conditions, The shop stated they havent had any boats out in the last couple of days, but they were running today, and they beleive the winds will be dying out shortly.... Who knows... we will see what Mother Nature has in store for us.. :06: :06: :06:

We're leaving a week from today for Largo... planning to dive with Horizon (stay at the Ramada). And we're hoping that the weather turns out a bit nicer. We shall see...

See you there cbsaw? :)

LadyD:
See you there cbsaw? :)

Sure thing..... I think my wife and I might also be staying at the Ramada.. I havent looked at the reservation lately.. Forgot where we were staying.. but we are diving with Rainbow Reef, taking our AOW class... We get there Sunday afternoon.. Satying untill Friday..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom