Possible Essentials class in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im most definately interested in the "Essentials" class.... I just need a price... I have my long hose/brass "n" glass SPG on the way... I still love my split fins ( and i do believe i can do everything the jet fins can do) but will get some if needed....

Also is this class for doubles and/or single cylinders??? I have a set of doubles I just got (THX DON) and will be dropping them off soon for a Viz.....

I am going to get into the doubles diving and will this class cover Valve Drills????

I'll check with Delia, but I think that the cost is $325 (2.5 days with 3-4 dives).

The class is either doubles or singles, depending on what you want to work on the most and what you are comfortable diving. The last class, we had someone in single tank and other person in double tanks. In my class, it was 75% single, 25% doubles.

In singles or doubles, you will cover valve drills, do land drills, and then do it in water. Oh, then then there's the video review afterwards...

Plenty of gear hanging out in peoples garages, so don't let gear hold you back from taking the class.

Also, try not to think of the class as a "DIR" class. It's about taking a critical look at fundamental concepts and skills (in no particular order) like a balanced kit, buoyancy control, efficient propulsion techniques, air sharing, trim, situational awareness, decompression (limited to MDL (NDL)), gear selection, and a few more. The most valuable part of the class is the video review. You get to see what you're doing in the water which really helps you to learn.

An excellent class all around.

Jonathan

NP,

My essentials class has been cancelled, so I'd be up for it, but I'm in Hawaii the end of March. Possible to set the date for two weekends before or after??

I use the long hose, BP, STA, etc.

hmm, thats too bad. 2 weeks before i believe is the Pt. Lobos get together (which i could miss if need be) but 2 weeks later ill be at home in Scotland for a month (actually flying out on the 2nd and staying the whole month). First weekend in May *might* work, the second one more likely. Ill see how my calendar looks for any other days.

Im hoping to do the class in a single, then wait a few months before taking a doubles mini. Ive heard of the mixed classes before, so doubt there would be an issue with a mixed class this time around.

Cheers

I still love my split fins ( and i do believe i can do everything the jet fins can do) but will get some if needed....

Why not bring them to class... and see what they can do.... The video debriefs are great tools to critique the how and why we dive the gear we dive.

Hey, I'm half scottish too. Half scottish and half everything else. I'm only in Hawaii March 24 through 31, so if we can work out any other weekend that'd be cool.

I have some nice doubles sitting here, but I did something to my back a while back. So they haven't been used.

Full of 36. Shhhh Ben.

I taped myself finning in splits. Man, did I look goofy with those things flopping all over the place.

I might be interested as well. I'll have to see though, since I might need to go home to tend to some business. Or maybe you guys want to hold the class in the Keys or Hawaii? :) Just a thought. :wink:

you left your keys in Hawaii?

Ya, lets go there...

I haven't heard if the January class has filled up yet or no... It'll be nice to see some new faces around (the old faces have caught onto my shenanigans!!!)

Announcing the first Essentials class of the New Year. January 12 half day in Menlo Park (classroom session), plus January 19-20 in Monterey. Please contact me if you are interested!

Delia
delia(at)breakthrudiving.com

Added: Delia says 2 are signed up, room for 1 more

Back
Top Bottom