porto gallera vs anileo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of my boat dives have been 2 tank or 3 tank trips. I thought I was going to hate 1 tank trips but it turned out to be a non-issue. I don't recall ever thinking "this really sucks". You could always just not get off when it returns and take a nap on the boat.

That's what is special. :D

Currents often bring nutrients and water flow over the reef leading to lots of coral growth and fish. But mostly it's just that it receives much less diver pressure. The reefs along Sabang and Anilao have boatloads of divers on them every day, all day long. Verde gets a couple of boats per day and not every day.

As for 1 dive versus 4 dives, what he means is that in Sabang the boats typically make a trip for each dive. You go out at 8, dive, return to beach at 9:30. Head out at 10:30, dive, return to beach at noon. Rinse and repeat. The dives sites are not far away. You can still get in 4 dives, you just return after each dive.

Some like that, some don't. It let's you sleep late and catch the 10:30 dive, or lets you run to the room for fresh batteriesor something you forgot sooner. But some prefer to get on the boat and be done with it, climb up after the first dive and just sit on the boat and relax until the second dive.

Verde Island will be a single trip, depart in the morning and return late afternoon. Either 3 dives on Verde or 2 on Verde and one local on return.
thanks a lot, i gess better to stay on the boat and do 4 dives instead of returning after each dive, but dont know how far u mean from the dive site to the resort

and regard verde, i prefer to pic and not have drift hhhhh whatcreatures u see there that different?

I was there last year, last 10 days in March.

thanks a lot, i gess better to stay on the boat and do 4 dives instead of returning after each dive, but dont know how far u mean from the dive site to the resort

and regard verde, i prefer to pic and not have drift hhhhh whatcreatures u see there that different?
Dive sites are only 5-10 minutes from the resort in Puerto Galera. Thus the reason they come back between dives. You have to do a 1 hour surface interval between dives anyway- so, it is a non- issue.

Dive sites are only 5-10 minutes from the resort in Puerto Galera. Thus the reason they come back between dives. You have to do a 1 hour surface interval between dives anyway- so, it is a non- issue.

thanks a lot

April will be nice. We tend to get a plankton bloom in late January through February, then the waters warm in March and reduce the bloom. The visibility in Feb can be "poor" (but still way better than Cali) then it clears up in March. Basically what this means is the bloom really increases the fish/critter population for February, March, April, and into May.

March/April= Great fish/Critter population with Excellent visibility.

Unless you are staying in White Beach otherwise all operators in PG only offer one dive at a time. The dive boat is tiny and does not offer much shade from the element and you will get roasted in no time at all.
You can easily do 5 dives a day as long as the shop is NOT too busy. So avoid Chinese Lunar New Year, Easter and Christmas/New year.
Verde Island dive: The dive in at a pinnacle just off the island and there is no such thing as drift dive because divers can easily be blown away to the open water which is incidentally a shipping lane! You can either circumnavigate the pinnacle when there is no current or on the lee side and zip-zapping up the deep wall when the current is roaring. STAY CLOSE to the wall. Down current is common.

Best time of the year? As already suggested: Mar to May

Sinadigan Wall just by Turtle rock(36m) is a good place for nudi hunting. On a good day you can easily spot 20+ different kinds and with pygmy seahorse as bonus(always a queue there unfortunately). Turtle Rock is usually covered with hundred if not thousand of one kind of yellow slug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom