porto gallera vs anileo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jordan23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

is puerto gallera

Creatures different from, anileo - macro muck??

where do u recommand more?

thanks for replay

I would love to be spending this week at either one. If I had to choose, I'd pick PG. I can only recommend for myself because I know what I like. PG is strong on coral reefs but has muck. Anilao is strong on muck but has coral reefs. Probably enough of each in both locations to take care of you for a week or two.

If going to PG, I'd pay the upgrade to go to Verde Island for a few trips.

Difference between these two places is HUGE!! From dive schedule to food arrangement etc etc.
Anilao: Two boat dives in the morning, back to the resort for lunch. Some resorts offer FREE shore dive(without DM) in the afternoon. More or less dive, eat and sleep from the same place.
PG: Only one dive at a time unless going to Verde Island. And you have the choice of when/where to eat.

Anilao is well known for macro.
PG has a bit of everything including top side activities.

As always, Centrals' advise is spot on :wink: The dive logistics are a bit different, but both great depending on your style.

You asked about creatures, and while very very similar, there can be a little difference between the two, depending on time of year. Generally, Anilao has more nudis and macro than PG (or at least more easily spotted). Whereas PG can have more "larger" fish around. In fact, the threshers sharks have been hanging around PG lately, though I expect they'll move on later this week, if they haven't already. Point is, if you're going for macro photography/nudis, then maybe Anilao.

Another consideration is "lifestyle". Are you more of a Go Out and Explore person, or do you like to stay put, dive, and relax? PG will offer much more opportunity to go explore a bit, go out for meals, go out to bars, and do some shopping. Anilao resorts tend to be more "captive" as they generally require boat access.

Either way, I doubt you can go wrong regarding the diving itself. The choice comes down to what do you want to do when not diving.

I was actually surprised by the incredible amount of large nudis that i saw at PG. i bet there is a lot of small stuff too. The quality of the reef is very good

I would reccomend PG, I never had a boring dive in 9 days in january.

I would love to be spending this week at either one. If I had to choose, I'd pick PG. I can only recommend for myself because I know what I like. PG is strong on coral reefs but has muck. Anilao is strong on muck but has coral reefs. Probably enough of each in both locations to take care of you for a week or two.

If going to PG, I'd pay the upgrade to go to Verde Island for a few trips.
thanks a lot, what is special in verde? (i read there are currents there)

Only one dive

Difference between these two places is HUGE!! From dive schedule to food arrangement etc etc.
Anilao: Two boat dives in the morning, back to the resort for lunch. Some resorts offer FREE shore dive(without DM) in the afternoon. More or less dive, eat and sleep from the same place.
PG: Only one dive at a time unless going to Verde Island. And you have the choice of when/where to eat.

Anilao is well known for macro.
PG has a bit of everything including top side activities.
thanks a lot, what do u mean Only one dive? i read its 4 dive per day in el galleon resort

As always, Centrals' advise is spot on :wink: The dive logistics are a bit different, but both great depending on your style.

You asked about creatures, and while very very similar, there can be a little difference between the two, depending on time of year. Generally, Anilao has more nudis and macro than PG (or at least more easily spotted). Whereas PG can have more "larger" fish around. In fact, the threshers sharks have been hanging around PG lately, though I expect they'll move on later this week, if they haven't already. Point is, if you're going for macro photography/nudis, then maybe Anilao.

Another consideration is "lifestyle". Are you more of a Go Out and Explore person, or do you like to stay put, dive, and relax? PG will offer much more opportunity to go explore a bit, go out for meals, go out to bars, and do some shopping. Anilao resorts tend to be more "captive" as they generally require boat access.

Either way, I doubt you can go wrong regarding the diving itself. The choice comes down to what do you want to do when not diving.

thanks a lot. i love to dive as much as its possible hhh, and love to pic spacial things.. (been to anileo onse was great ), and i will go to puorto gallera next month so mid april is good there for what creatures? regard the transfer resort want a lot!! from manila to porto galra and a lot from there to the resort

thanks a lot, what is special in verde? (i read there are currents there)

That's what is special. :D

Currents often bring nutrients and water flow over the reef leading to lots of coral growth and fish. But mostly it's just that it receives much less diver pressure. The reefs along Sabang and Anilao have boatloads of divers on them every day, all day long. Verde gets a couple of boats per day and not every day.

As for 1 dive versus 4 dives, what he means is that in Sabang the boats typically make a trip for each dive. You go out at 8, dive, return to beach at 9:30. Head out at 10:30, dive, return to beach at noon. Rinse and repeat. The dives sites are not far away. You can still get in 4 dives, you just return after each dive.

Some like that, some don't. It let's you sleep late and catch the 10:30 dive, or lets you run to the room for fresh batteriesor something you forgot sooner. But some prefer to get on the boat and be done with it, climb up after the first dive and just sit on the boat and relax until the second dive.

Verde Island will be a single trip, depart in the morning and return late afternoon. Either 3 dives on Verde or 2 on Verde and one local on return.

I was actually surprised by the incredible amount of large nudis that i saw at PG. i bet there is a lot of small stuff too. The quality of the reef is very good

I would reccomend PG, I never had a boring dive in 9 days in january.
thanks a lot.. what month have u been? i will have 7 days for diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom