Portable CO monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my new Analox CO tester a couple weeks ago but haven't had a chance to use it, as I don't dive much locally this time of year (brrrrr).

I see where to turn it on, but where do you turn it off? Or does it automatically go off?

Hi cruiser,
By my watch, your EIICO should have shut itself off by now :wink:
Just like the O2EII there is no way to power off, except our auto-shut down which occurs in 10 minutes

Whew... I'm behind on replies!
Swamp diver: Bump gas... currently it is 50 ppm CO. I've discussed this with our Chairman and we are considering the next batch at 10 ppm CO for exactly the resonson you stated.
Scared Silly: We do place a manual in every container. I would recommend printing the .pdf as the first production units will not have the most recent manual.
Critical Mass: Bummer! I'm hoping for an early delivery!

Ordered one from Dive Pro Dive Gear. Just received an email stating they are out of stock and will have some in in 5 - 7 days. I canceled the order and am still looking.

Try Scubatoys and Leisure pro

Try Scubatoys and Leisure pro

Yep. LeisurePro's got 'em now, and they're shipping. I just wish they'd been bird-dogging their backorders better - I ordered mine before they had them in stock (couple weeks ago), and decided to pulse them about status day before yesterday.

Miraculously, yesterday they sent me a shipping confirmation - I think I woke 'em up. Maybe if I'd emailed my status inquiry a few days earlier, I'd have the EII CO in time to take it along with me on my dive trip to Balmorhea State Park this week. :depressed:

Reading the EII CO manual carefully, I see mention of the requirement for semi-annual "span calibration". I interpret it to mean that a calibration is rated as good for only six months, and re-calibration is recommended each six months. I saw in an earlier post that Patti mentioned the calibration recommendation was going to be annually. Anyone have a plan yet for doing this? Six months passes by pretty quickly.

Dead thread?

Dead thread?
No, just a weekend. Analox does close shop from sometime this coming week until January 4 I think, so Patti may also be kinda busy with end of year details for a company, but I bet she posts again before they close for the holiday dead week.

No, just a weekend

My question was to everyone here who now own an EII CO.

How 'bout you, and anyone else - have you decided how you're going to handle the recommended every-six-months "span calibration" these things need? IMO, sending it off that often to get it done could become burdensome, but it's important enough that it needs doing somehow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom