Pony tanks Good or Bad? - POLL

Are pony tanks Good or Bad ?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freborg:
The scary part is that while UP and a couple of others are just doing their jobs as moderators (provocateurs), there are actually some on this board that espouse this $#@! (out there in the real world) to inexperienced divers and in doing so endanger them. So in parting. Keep your pony close, it might save your life.

JPL

The job of a moderator is certainly not to be a provcateur...it would make your job even harder. Sheesh...everything written by the "against" posters IS genuine commentary on the issue. If you think that after 5 pages of discussion that simply saying that well...the people arguing against are just doing it to keep the thread moving and entertaining...you my friend have no idea how this board works. And your final "method of debate" here to call the other position "$#@!" is specious and uncalled for. Lastly...it's the inexperienced divers who run the GREATEST chance of not using a pony correctly to begin with...this entire post of yours is so far off the radar it can't be seen.

Dive Source:
Basically pug the results of the poll just show a general consenses of the general attitude on the board regarding pony use. (which is all I wanted to know)
Just because 75% of the people who actually voted think something is so, doesn't mean they're right. The poll reflects a small part of the opinions of the people who actually voted.

Snowbear:
Just because 75% of the people who actually voted think something is so, doesn't mean they're right. The poll reflects a small part of the opinions of the people who actually voted.

Less than 70 people voted out of the almost 20,000 members...that certainly let's you know what's going on...hence the reason polls are totally useless.

bwerb:
Less than 70 people voted out of the almost 20,000 members...that certainly let's you know what's going on...hence the reason polls are totally useless.

Using that logic you could say the same about the opinions around here...

I found it interesting and we got to hear from the most vocal people (who chose to vote).

Even if all 20K voted the poll would still be useless as far as assessing the efficacy of using pony bottles.

I think it best not to chose your gear configuration based on popular opinion and collective paranoia... but then that's just me... and a dozen or so other folks. wink

Uncle Pug:
Even if all 20K voted the poll would still be useless as far as assessing the efficacy of using pony bottles.

I think it best not to chose your gear configuration based on popular opinion and collective paranoia... but then that's just me... and a dozen or so other folks. wink

ABSOLUTLEY...

Don't make a choice based on the most vocal members opinions of a scuba board thread as it might be wrong for you. Use your own reasoning after desseminating the information and hopefully trying what you are looking at doing first hand.

Making a choice is a first step....A smart man makes a decision based on the information at hand.....a wise man looks back once in a while to see if it was the right one and changes if needed.

Ultimately we are responsible for our own choices/actions and some people get pretty bent out of shape around here when people choose to do it their own way and don't bow down to their opinion.

This board is at it's best when members share knowledge and ideas and it's at it's worst when people attack each other because they don't agree.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Uncle Pug:

I haven't agree with Uncle Pug on this issue at all. But I do agree on his statement here completely. It is up to each of us to listen to the options (we all have them) and take way the ones that make the most sense to us and throw the rest away.

Dive Source:
Basically pug the results of the poll just show a general consenses of the general attitude on the board regarding pony use. (which is all I wanted to know)

The results of self-selecting polls aren't worth very much...

freborg:
The scary part is that while UP and a couple of others are just doing their jobs as moderators (provocateurs), there are actually some on this board that espouse this $#@! (out there in the real world) to inexperienced divers and in doing so endanger them. So in parting. Keep your pony close, it might save your life.

JPL

IMO, the real danger to inexperienced divers is the endorsement of these Christmas tree like configurations and the idea that they're increasing safety by hanging more ornaments on it.

I notice we didn't get many comments on the sample dive plan that was posted for discussion a while back.

Back
Top Bottom