Pony Bottles on NJ Charters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soloinstabuddy.gif

Sure, and the same reasoning is what prevents perfectly capable solo divers from diving solo in many places.

What do you make of the fact that most (all?) of the NJ boats that require redundancy also allow solo diving? Obviously we're not about simply being "big brother" and telling you how to dive.

:D

Some things just evolve differently in different places. There are regional differences in how people dress, talk, what they eat, hand gestures, etc, etc. Probably not surprising that some sort of "local custom" differences would evolve in dive boat policies as well.

We used to have a very strict policy - now just tradition - that Coke products are not allowed on board. (There was a very good reason for that policy, but I won't get into it.)

:shocked2:

Some things just evolve differently in different places. There are regional differences in how people dress, talk, what they eat, hand gestures, etc, etc. Probably not surprising that some sort of "local custom" differences would evolve in dive boat policies as well.

But when it comes to dress, talk, food, gestures, etc, few make claims that theirs are *safer* than those used by their immediate neighbors. Certain differences will exist for historical reasons, but that hardly means they stem from a rational basis (or shouldn't evolve).

We used to have a very strict policy - now just tradition - that Coke products are not allowed on board. (There was a very good reason for that policy, but I won't get into it.)

I've heard of the coke problems some of you NJ guys have. Probably best to leave that stuff on shore.

I've heard of the coke problems some of you NJ guys have. Probably best to leave that stuff on shore.

LMAO!

Damn I'm almost done with work and I'm afraid to log off and leave you guys alone with this dude.

There won't be enough left of the rest of you to put back together when I get back.

If this isn't a troll it could be used as a training aid for one. BUT ... Bombay Sapphire rules the night so... The boat can make whatever rules it wants, for whatever reasons it wants. If you don't like them go to another boat, get your own boat or - FO. NJ (or any divers) do not have to defend their skills or lack thereof, so - FO. The majority of responders to your post seem to be in disagreement with you, so - FO. (Caveat: Majority does not necessarily mean right; look at our somewhat recently elected CEO.) The serious NJ (or NE) wreck divers tend to not get too involved with SB debates; it's beneath them, so - FO. (Fortunately, or not, I'm not a serious NJ wreck diver, just a safe one.) Your assumption that all NJ dive boats' policies are the same is incorrect, so - FO. In my, admittedly limited (a few hundred dives), experience, a great deal of NJ diving is solo. It doesn't seem reasonable for each boat/shop to conduct an in-depth evaluation of every new customer to determine their abilities with the goal of establishing personal limits or requirements, so - FO. Your posts are abrasive, just like mine so - FO. What were you trying to achieve with your original post? (BTW, "FO" means - For Observation.

Back
Top Bottom