Pony bottle and travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stas:
Hi everyone,
I'm planing on buying a pony bottle and besides local diving, I want to take it with me when I go on dive vacations (which for me means flying). However, I was told that airlines won't transport cylinders (and weights). Is this true, and if it is, what do I do.
Thanks for your input,
Stas

While the TSA rules allow empty SCUBA cylinders, some airlines do not, and I've been unable to bring mine on JetBlue as carry-on or checked.

Now I just let out the air until it's about 40 PSI, box it up and ship it UPS to the shop that's going to fill it. When I get there, it's all ready.

If you go to the UPS website and print your own label, you should be able to ship it for around $10. If you take it to one of the "UPS Stores" it costs closer to $30.

No need to ship weights, since they're usually included with the boat dives, and you can rent them cheap with you get there if you're doing shore dives.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom