Pompano Dive Center and charters going out of business...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@TonyErnst13, thanks for the explanation, it's much appreciated. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the pain. :(

A couple of years ago I decided to make PDC my primary dive home (despite it being 1100 miles away). There are some places much closer to me that offer outstanding diving with good shops. The logistics of short boat rides (= more dives) and great dive sites at PDC are what initially started me thinking about frequenting the shop more. Then, as I dove with PDC a little more, I discovered that the crew gave spot on fills every single time. They brought Trevor in to VIP my doubles once when it was supposed to be his day off (and it was totally my fault for not checking). They offered me the flexibility of doing one long deco dives on double-dip recreational trips. On designated tech trips, the DMs came to check on me see if I needed additional gas during deco. When unloading the boat after a trip, sometimes I would turn around and realize that a DM had already schlepped my doubles back up the fill station. When their boat was down for maintenance, they seamlessly set me up with another shop (Scubatyme). I could go on and on about the outstanding service....

In addition, diving conditions off Pompano Beach can be challenging. I've been out on several trips when the current was running so strong that the PDC crew made the decision to do a hot drop instead of having divers go down a line. I had a different shop put my buddy and me in the water with a current that was ripping so hard that we literally got blown off the line (and we're strong). PDC would never would have put us on a line in those conditions. The crew was competent and always safety oriented.

To top it off, they were one of the friendliest shops I've ever encountered. The crew quickly made you feel like an old friend. Shops like PDC are rare and my buddy and I are devastated over the loss.

Many people are asking how this happened. It’s simple. Sands Harbor was intimidated by Adam’s Moustache. Just kidding – but this was my last opportunity to mention it !

And this just made my day. :rofl3: Thanks again Tony for everything!

Oh yeah, I felt like the Sands Harbor hotel never offered good service, had pretty bad rooms, and was going down hill. All the more reason now to never spend another dime there.

Oh yeah, I felt like the Sands Harbor hotel never offered good service, had pretty bad rooms, and was going down hill. All the more reason now to never spend another dime there.

What, you didn't like the stained carpets, flaking paint, moldy bathrooms and bed bugs?

What, you didn't like the stained carpets, flaking paint, moldy bathrooms and bed bugs?

Or the drunks arguing next door, heard through the paper-thin adjoining doors. I know, I'm such a diva! :D

@TonyErnst13, thanks for the explanation, it's much appreciated. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the pain. :(

A couple of years ago I decided to make PDC my primary dive home (despite it being 1100 miles away). There are some places much closer to me that offer outstanding diving with good shops. The logistics of short boat rides (= more dives) and great dive sites at PDC are what initially started me thinking about frequenting the shop more. Then, as I dove with PDC a little more, I discovered that the crew gave spot on fills every single time. They brought Trevor in to VIP my doubles once when it was supposed to be his day off (and it was totally my fault for not checking). They offered me the flexibility of doing one long deco dives on double-dip recreational trips. On designated tech trips, the DMs came to check on me see if I needed additional gas during deco. When unloading the boat after a trip, sometimes I would turn around and realize that a DM had already schlepped my doubles back up the fill station. When their boat was down for maintenance, they seamlessly set me up with another shop (Scubatyme). I could go on and on about the outstanding service....

In addition, diving conditions off Pompano Beach can be challenging. I've been out on several trips when the current was running so strong that the PDC crew made the decision to do a hot drop instead of having divers go down a line. I had a different shop put my buddy and me in the water with a current that was ripping so hard that we literally got blown off the line (and we're strong). PDC would never would have put us on a line in those conditions. The crew was competent and always safety oriented.

To top it off, they were one of the friendliest shops I've ever encountered. The crew quickly made you feel like an old friend. Shops like PDC are rare and my buddy and I are devastated over the loss.

This was my experience too... a first rate rec and tech operator.

I just spent a few days diving with them a week or so ago, so glad that i got to go out with them one more time.

Fair skies and following seas, PDC...

Are you going to get ocean worthy boats?

LMAO.....I tried my best to sink the Safari Diver. Nine sets of doubles, two rebreathers, and me standing on the platform almost had it when we took a wave to the stern.

And this just made my day. :rofl3: Thanks again Tony for everything!

Thank you for the support over the years - people like you made the longs days seems just a little bit shorter !

Many people are asking how this happened. It’s simple. Sands Harbor was intimidated by Adam’s Moustache. Just kidding – but this was my last opportunity to mention it !

Good news/bad news

Apparently the new owners of Sand’s Harbor are not the only members of South Florida society who are intimidated, frightened, offended, or otherwise averse to Adam’s facial hair.

Good news: Adam has secured a full time position outside of the dive industry. He’s glad to have the opportunity. The tanks that I left for hydro were inspected, labeled, and filled. They are now back in my loving arms. (Well, actually they are in my garage.)

Bad news: Adam’s famous/infamous/trademark moustache is no longer in its proper place. My friend’s upper lip is now sans-hair. His new facial tan line is rather odd looking.

Bad news: Adam’s famous/infamous/trademark moustache is no longer in its proper place. My friend’s upper lip is now sans-hair. His new facial tan line is rather odd looking.

Wait, what?!?!?!? Next thing you know cats and dogs will be friends. I just don't understand this topsy-turvy world.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom