Pompano Dive Center and charters going out of business...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There isnt anything good to say about whats become of that hotel and marina except you could stay there and walk over to PDC.

@hammet, I ate there in December and I was pretty disappointed. They were out of a lot of things on the menu (not a busy night) and the quality of the food wasn't that great. I was pretty sad about it because I've eaten lots of really nice meals there previously. They had only been re-opened about a week after their renovations, so maybe that had something to do with it.

i just love at the outdoor bar there you get a drink with one of those paper eco friendly straws in a disposable plastic cup and food on a styrofoam plate, plastic utensils.

@hammet, I ate there in December and I was pretty disappointed. They were out of a lot of things on the menu (not a busy night) and the quality of the food wasn't that great. I was pretty sad about it because I've eaten lots of really nice meals there previously. They had only been re-opened about a week after their renovations, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I always like to have a cold beverage and little bite after a day of diving and enjoy it more on the water.

Well crap... I seem to find a way to end up without a place to fill my tanks. I still resent Fill Express for closing, then Force E got a hair up their behind and decided my beautiful steels were too old (mother%#@uckers)... I was out of the country for ten days and now I hear PDC is going to close doors, agrrrrr.

I don't know how much longer I can tell my husband we DO NOT need a compressor in our small house .

Where am I going now? what a pain. I have enough gas for 2 more weekends, but then what?

Not surprising if the owners of the Marina are the same bunch that took over the resort. We did a shop trip down there last February. About half of the rooms had bed bugs. To the point we wanted to vacate early and get another place. No such luck, they wouldn't refund any unused nights, and were downright rude about the whole thing.

The dive center will be missed. They were a class act all the way.

I stayed in one of the freshly renovated rooms last December and it was full of mold already.

Well crap... I seem to find a way to end up without a place to fill my tanks. I still resent Fill Express for closing, then Force E got a hair up their behind and decided my beautiful steels were too old (mother%#@uckers)... I was out of the country for ten days and now I hear PDC is going to close doors, agrrrrr.

I don't know how much longer I can tell my husband we DO NOT need a compressor in our small house .

Where am I going now? what a pain. I have enough gas for 2 more weekends, but then what?
Would you like to buy a compressor?

I bet the "internet effect" has played a role in the closure. In my local area several local dive shops have closed over the years- having lost a good chunk of their sales to the online retailers with whom bread and mortar local business cannot hope to compete with.

Those divers who find themselves with one less dive Op and one less place to rent gear, fill or obtain tanks, who has ever bought a piece of scuba gear online need to look in the mirror and ask themselves if it was worth the savings.

Speaking for myself, I buy almost ALL my dive gear online and whenever I hear about a dive shop closing I feel bad about it.

Speaking for myself, I buy almost ALL my dive gear online and whenever I hear about a dive shop closing I feel bad about it.

I hear you on that..... Since moving to ATL from South Florida, I'm in the unusual situation where my LDS (Diver's Supply) is also a huge internet seller. I take my tanks for VIPs, Hydro's, fills etc to the retail shop and pick up misc stuff when I am there. For major purchases, I order on-line (better sellection than the retail location) or I stop by the local shop if I know they have what I'm looking for.

Really unusual to have the best of both worlds from a single provider.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom