Pompano Dive Center and charters going out of business...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Green Frog, aside from the diving, you might try the Briney Irish Pub. It's a dive bar (so maybe not your thing), but I really love it. It's walking distance from the Sands, try the smoked fish dip.

@Green Frog, aside from the diving, you might try the Briney Irish Pub. It's a dive bar (so maybe not your thing), but I really love it. It's walking distance from the Sands, try the smoked fish dip.
That whole area has changed mightily in the last 5 years, especially in dining choices. You now have loads of choices within walking distance. I do not mean to imply anything wrong with Briney's--I have had some good meals there.

@boulderjohn, indeed it has! There are a number of restaurants in Pompano that I really enjoy. The Briney is probably my favorite though; I like a good dive bar!

Well, my trip as planned will be a group thing where we all stay at the Sands and dive together on (hopefully) the smaller of the SFDH boats. Then we will have the option of going up and spending a night in another hotel and diving BHB. It’s a planned, group thing for us tourist strangers from up here in VA, but will give us a chance to see what the area has to offer so I can hopefully take additional trips in the future on my own. I just wanted to make sure the organizer’s plans fit into the reality of the situation there in FL. This will be his first group to this place.
Thanks everyone for your input.
🐸
You folks are probably going to have a great trip. Try to go in believing that and then roll with any punches. Chances are good, that you won't need to do anything except backrolls.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom