Pompano - 23 April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoya97

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey sports fans.... Looks like thinks have jammed up at Ocean Fest! Suggest we do another 'SCUBABOARD Dive' in Pompano on the 23rd of April (Saturday). Would suggest Jupiter, but folks just went there on the 26th of March and we did Dania area prior to that. West Palm is TOO popular, which leaves South Florida Diving HQ again (through a process of either elimination or rotation - and I prefer rotation better than elimination). Is anyone interested in joining in or does anyone have a better suggestion? Lemme know! Pompano is not critical, just a suggestion!

Hope to hear from 'the gang' soon!

Lee

Where is Pampano? I have been to almost every city in the Sunshine state but never heard of that one. There is a Pompano Beach wonder if it is near there?

WHo says we can not dive Jupiter again? Personally I could dive it every week for a year and still love it.

Pampona - isn't that where they have the annual running of the bullsharks?

Whoops; Hoya, I was working on this one, I swear!!!

Thoughts:

1. Stick with Deerfield/Pompano area and go out with The Diversity (the webpage seems to be down right now)......he takes @ 12-15 divers. Neat reefs; some wrecks would be possible, I'm sure....

2. Get a group going on our newest DiveMaster's (baitedstorm :) ) boat, A1A Charters in West Palm Beach.....I've discussed briefly with her....Vickie, what would be the possibility of maybe doing the Governor's River Walk?
While West Palm can be...overcrowded....if Scubaboard has the majority of the boat (just like with SoFlDive Charters), it won't feel quite so herdlike......just a ConchHerd! :D

I'd still need to verify the space availability of either option.....how about some votes, and based on feedback we can go from there?

I took the liberty of correcting the spelling of Pompano, which is where our Texas Rangers went to spring training for years before moving to Port Charlotte and then to Arizona. I wish they had stayed in Florida... :frown:

ScubaTexan:
I took the liberty of correcting the spelling of Pompano, which is where our Texas Rangers went to spring training for years before moving to Port Charlotte and then to Arizona. I wish they had stayed in Florida... :frown:

But we were just beginning to have Oh! so much fun with the misspelling :D

tom winters:
Pampona - isn't that where they have the annual running of the bullsharks?

BTW Tom W, that was a great one!

Lee, no offense intended man!

kbeck:
I'd still need to verify the space availability of either option.....how about some votes, and based on feedback we can go from there?

Krista, I vote yes! Either one would work for me. I liked Capt Tony's op when several of us dove with him Presidents Day weekend. Easy on/off access, especially with the ladder that he has.

Haven't dove with A1A before, but Vickie says they are pretty good (as is knows!) :shades:

Jeff

Grumble.... try and take the initiative and get blasted..... sigh.....

Anyway, Krista, looks like a smooth handoff to you girl! You run with it and I'll follow (besides, I love the view). Whatever location is cool with everyone is cool with me too. Just wanna go diving!

WHEEEE!

Lee

Hoya97:
Grumble.... try and take the initiative and get blasted..... sigh.....

Hey, I tried to bail you out....LOL :)

Heya Hoya97...... I'm finding more and more that even though I'm supposed to be the week day DM for my captain, I'm getting booked for the weekends as well. I would love to say sure, I'm in, but there would be a pretty good chance that I'll have to work. If ya'll want to come dive on my boat, well, then I can say for certain that I'm in. There are some cool wrecks we can do here also, so long as EVERYONE is on NITROX. Might even get a better rate if we just charter out the entire boat (holds 18).

Let me know if Palm Beach sounds like something you might be interested in and I'll make it happen. You and Terry are always welcome to stay here (open invite for anyone else too) if you'd like.

Don't have a problem with going to WPB - just don't want to go to the same locations that Diving Solutions goes to. They are a good operation, but have a set number of locations they go to - which is cool for training dives and folks who aren't familar with the area, but I would prefer going to other locations.

Get with KBeck and see what she has in mind. As I said previously, I don't mind, just wanna go diving that weekend. I'm concerned that if we wait much longer, then the boats will fill up and we'll have a difficult time getting all of us on a single vessel. However, that being said, I don't see a whole herd of SCUBABOARD members stumbling over themselves signing up, so maybe it's a moot point anyway.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom