• DiversDiscount

Votes: 22 10.1%
  • DiveUS

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 27 12.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have ordered from Divers Supply a few times and have never had a problem. Every time I call them they are very helpful and quick to get the product shipped to me.

I have contacted LP a few times just to get some prices, and even though I have some friends that have used them and never had a problem, I have never had a good experience.

So my choice would be hands down Diver Supply. Now this opinion could easily change tomorrow but right now "Thats my story and I'm sticking to it".

:wink:

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Use your lds as much as possible. We need to try to keep them in buisness. But if they price gouge to much, use LP.

Scott=-)

I've enjoyed dealing with all on-line companies listed. Fast, knowledgable service and excellent choices. The resentment toward consumers buying online will serve to KEEP customers OUT of the LDSs. The days of the Company Store for the miners passed early in the 20th century! I bet the Company Store resented the Sears catalogue, and felt the need to bad mouth the products and service!:D

Last year I bought gear for my wife and I. I used a combination of LP and Miami Fantasis. Both offered outstanding values and service. I have found that both companies do have products that are not on the websites so it is worth a phone call to both if you don't find the brand you are looking to purchase. Taking tax into consideration, I saved about 45% over LDS.

Miami Fantasis did not show Aqua-Lung but bought Titan LX's for $199 and I think they are even cheaper now.

I have also had good luck with DiversDiscount and Divers Supply.

sharky:

all4diving:

I just have a couple questions for you online gear shoppers...
#1--Where did you guys get your initial training? Local shop, or independent instructor?
#2--Did you like that training experience??? Did it prepare you well for the diving world???
#3--Would you or did you refer your best friend/ loved one/ coworker/ relative... etc to that same training facility/ instructor because you thought they did a good job???
#4--If you bought equipment, did you seek the advice of your instructor as to equipment choices, brands, etc???
#5--Where will you bring your equipment for annual service/ overhaul???

I am very interested in these questions, if anyone would take the time to answer. It says alot about the diving community. We need to support our LDS because, they are there when we need them for things, like servicing and training, and travel, why should you go elsewhere for your equipment purchases??? Yeah, ok, maybe you will save $100-200. The LDS beats all those online stores with customer service and warranty coverage. If you want a quality product with a manufacturer's warranty, the LDS is the only answer.

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
I just have a couple questions for you online gear shoppers...
#1--Where did you guys get your initial training? Local shop, or independent instructor?
Independent instructor. He was offering classes at a YMCA where my wife taught aerobics.
#2--Did you like that training experience??? Did it prepare you well for the diving world???
Yes and Yes.
#3--Would you or did you refer your best friend/ loved one/ coworker/ relative... etc to that same training facility/ instructor because you thought they did a good job???
No. He figured out he could make a lot more money in the computer business and quit teaching scuba.
#4--If you bought equipment, did you seek the advice of your instructor as to equipment choices, brands, etc???
Yes and I wasted a lot of money on crap gear. He didn't have a clue.
#5--Where will you bring your equipment for annual service/ overhaul???
To the repair bench in my garage. I fix it myself.
I am very interested in these questions, if anyone would take the time to answer. It says alot about the diving community. We need to support our LDS because, they are there when we need them for things, like servicing and training, and travel, why should you go elsewhere for your equipment purchases??? Yeah, ok, maybe you will save $100-200. The LDS beats all those online stores with customer service and warranty coverage. If you want a quality product with a manufacturer's warranty, the LDS is the only answer.
Not really. Most LDS around here don't have a clue, are way too expensive and I don't need some dive store employee that only dives once a year to put together a trip for me or anyone I dive with.

The Pirate :pirate:

Meesage to LUBOLD8431

This LDS vs online thing has been beat to death on this board. See any of the posts by Genesis on the topic. I ask you, how can you buy a product at an illegally inflated price and encourage others to play the victum while the the manufacturer and the retailers maintain their profit margin. The support of this kind of a market system is dooming the entire industry! Competition is what drives business in a free market economy, not price fixing and victimized consumers.

A note About DIVEINN:

If you're going to order from DiveInn why not go through the Portal @

www.deeperblue.net

the prices are exactly the same and so is the selection - the bonus is that Deeperblue get a % of the sales to help keep it going.

in case you don't know Deeperblue is the #1 web-based resource for Freediving and SpearFishing.

Support a good cause!

Willer

Pyrite, chill out... there is a thing called FREE SPEECH, I dont know, maybe you've heard of it... I was simply asking a question of all you online shoppers.... maybe i will beat it to death AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN!!!

Lubold ---
Let's not get personal - Junior. I am "chilled" and simply coming back with a question for you, which by the way you never answered.

Back
Top Bottom