Poll: Summer Meet and greet Location

Where do you want to dive the summer Meet and Greet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully I'll to be diving again by next month but even if I'm not, I'd love to come down to see everyone...it's been way too long! :depressed:

I have to agree that Breakwater is the best spot for an M&G, although I'd much rather dive Lobos too Doc.

I'm off may 22 and 29
So how about May 22? I am thinking the sooner the better for an M&G :cool2:

What would others think if ZKY and I walked people through kayak diving during the M&G? We would basically take people out and teach them the routine from departing from shore, to re-boarding the kayak and stowing gear. Show how our kayaks are set up for diving, and some of the gear we use to make our kayaks usable for diving. We had talked about this previously and over the phone agreed it would be fun. Probably no actual diving would be involved since it would be more about learning the routines and practicing. (Not as much fun for us either, but for free what do you want?) Plus it would allow us to get more than just a couple people out. Then either before or after folks could go diving with their buddies. We feel it would give them a way to learn about kayak diving in a safe manner with experienced kayak divers. There is not much written on the subject, yet it is a great way to dive the sites around Monterey that many pay the big boats $80 to take them too. (Pissed me off paying big bucks to park in front of the aquarium.) Once you own a kayak it is free!

So would others be okay with us doing that? Don't forget the BBQ either! :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom