Poll: Summer Meet and greet Location

Where do you want to dive the summer Meet and Greet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cast a vote for Tahoe as I just think it's a good M&G environment. I live halfway between the two locations but I'm a diver that likes diving for the sake of diving, I don't know but it's probably a science fiction thing! Suited, weightless and massive viz. Coooooool. The only downside is boat traffic but, you know, take precautions and remember your training.

I dived Carnelian Bay on the north end and Sand Harbor on the east side. Jasons Grill is really a fun spot, good burgers and brew, big deck and reasonable motels and cabins.

If we vote to go to Monterey I'm down, too.

Sea ya!

Great Idea,
It does look like Monterey has a big lead, Now, do we want BW? Macabee? Coral Street?or??????
I think we should do Lovers again, maybe this time I won't drop my light and spend the dive searching the eel grass for it.

We probably have too many people to hold it at Lobos, but we sure can try.

I think since we have a lot of new divers we should do the Breakwater. This will be a good intro to new divers at a already familiar site. We can BBQ and break bread after the dives.

to summarize:

Pros:
Familiar site
plenty of parking
easy access to food and drink
option to BBQ
plenty space
easy diving

Cons:
Old and boring (to some)
crowded with classes

I think since we have a lot of new divers we should do the Breakwater. This will be a good intro to new divers at a already familiar site. We can BBQ and break bread after the dives.

to summarize:

Pros:
Familiar site
plenty of parking
easy access to food and drink
option to BBQ
plenty space
easy diving

Cons:
Old and boring (to some)
crowded with classes

I agree with Ben, but the little snack bar and picnic tables at Lovers make it convenient too.

We did Lovers last time. The conditions were crap at Lovers, but the Breakwater was nice for the second dive of the day. I think I actually prefer the Breakwater. McAbee is a nice dive site too, but again if you want a BBQ the place to be is the Breakwater.

I guess it's Monterey then... :wink:

How about putting out a summer schedule (ala Wrinkles in LA) for the summer/year
(Sample only)

May - Breakwater
June - Meeks Bay, Tahoe
July - Monastery (Alternate Breakwater)
August - Boat

Anyone want to volunteer to coordinate May? I can't due to my schedule,
I can work on June tho.
Lets get people on board to be coordinators and have some fun

May - Breakwater - Ben
June - Meeks Bay, Tahoe - Brewski
July - Monastery (Alternate Breakwater) -
August - Boat -