• Dive shop owner/employee

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Instructor/Ass't. Instructor/DM

Votes: 82 21.6%
  • Just a diver

Votes: 278 73.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dennis,

Now people will think you're older than dirt.

As for intelligence, I try to keep in mind the wisdom of Elwood P. Dowd.

BTW, you are always welcome to join me on any (almost any) dive I make.

DSSW,

WWW™

Just a suggestion, but maybe you could change the "just a diver" to "just a diver/or diver to be" or start a whole new catagory. I know we have a lot of people who are interested in diving or are taking a class..and there isn't a catagory for them.

cool poll though!

If you made it through certification and are still diving, then you will always be more than "just a diver".

How many people do you know that have their C card and have only made 1 or 2 dives since? Those people should be classified as "just a diver".

Everyone on this board are either classified as "scuba fanatics" or "ultra scuba fanatics" depending on the length of time they've been diving.

Walter and Dennis ....no fighten on the board..:wink: It is Christmas.........Hey how about a poll with number of years diving.....Some of you long time divers and some new divers.. I would be interested in seeing the make up of the board in that manner.........Just a diver.....yep...thats me....

Is that old guys as in diving a long time or old guys as in living a long time? Some of us didn't start diving until we were much older(didn't start until my 50th birthday, wishing I could have started much earlier) and are now trying to make up for lost time. Maybe we need two polls, one on number of dives and another on age of diver.

Dennis & I haven't fought since we were kids.

I don't have my records with me just now, but if memory serves I taught Dennis and his wife, Donna, to dive in late 1988. I began diving in late 1983. I'm a mere young'un. I've only made 1227 dives. Average time 37 minutes, average depth 61 ft. There are others here with lots more. My last dive was yesterday afternoon collecting fossils off Venice Beach. On that dive I found 101 shark teeth. Two of those were tigers which is not common in this area. My buddy found a 3 inch Megalodon on the same dive.

DSSW,

WWW™

I hold a rescue cert, hang out at 2 dive shops regularly, and dive 2-3 times a week. mostly between 80-170'.
Is anyone hear in the So Cal area. near LA county?
Sergio

Just certified in October.
Just returned from our first dive-related vacation.
Just experienced our first salt water.
Just experienced our first water above 58 degrees F (it was 82!)

But Just a Diver? You gotta be kidding! I love this sport, and can't imagine waiting until March, when we've planned our dream scuba vacation to Tahiti, to go again.

Hmmm, Just How Crazy would I have to be to dive in New England in January and February, without a drysuit? It might Just be worth it.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom