• Dive shop owner/employee

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Instructor/Ass't. Instructor/DM

Votes: 82 21.6%
  • Just a diver

Votes: 278 73.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

going thru the course right now, should be done in a couple of weeks. So, should I put DM, or just a diver?

Mike

Mu husband and I became DM's in December. We volunteer weekly helping with confined water session for ow classes. We actually are just divers who want to share their inthusiasm and knowledge with new divers.

Leslie

"Just a diver" here, too...but working on becoming DM!!!

Doin' it deeper in Chicago,

ChicagoMermaid

I never planned to be anything other than "just a diver." That is more than I thought I could be. But after finishing my AOW, my husband & I just kept hanging around the pool thru the winters with our old instructor. Of course, he made us help with stuff in exchange for having a place to practice. We took continuing education for our Master Diver, Rescue, & now we are completing leadership courses.

The choice for me was this: get rusty & forget what I learned, or keep learning & mastering the things that used to trouble me. Little by little we got invested in the sport. I don't see anyone as less for wanting to dive just for fun, but for some of us the fun grows when we share with newbies. There is nothing like the first moment someone breathes underwater! Their faces are lit up all morning.:sun:

Just a diver? What is this "just" stuff? Where's the Dive Goddess catagory??:jessica:

Here's to the people who don't care about money enough to work for the dive industry instead of becoming corprate slaves and living the remainder of their life in a cubical as a pawn for the machine.:cool:

Just a diver. Would love to retire and travel the world diving though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom